Where do you guys find bargain prices on used Harley's?

Started by truck, March 29, 2009, 11:17:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

truck

Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

02roadcling

those guys are nutz
id rather hav the old one anyway For more money
02roadcling
NW corner of Washington

Jeffd

prices pretty low in Montana.  Bring cash and make a vacation out of it.

RK101

Do not take life too seriously.  You will never get out of it alive.  ~Elbert H

TooLow

Truck,  Yep there are a lot of people that think they struck gold when they bought their Harley.  They think they can gain back every dime they spent on overpriced dealer add-ons even get back the dealer labor costs when selling a used bike.   Problem is they sit on these bikes forever or nutill they wake up and sell at a decent price.  There are some good deals around but you have to look over the nut cases to find the real ones.  Last week I saw an 09 V-rod for sale on craigslist for 3k less then dealer price. 475 miles on the clock but owner lost his job and needed out of the bike.  Of course I think our local dealers here are nuts also, was looking at 08 streetglides last year, was on vacation at OC and went to the dealer there, same bike-same options--3k  less.  Guy at work bought his heritage at Schaffers [spelling] last year I think around 2k less then our 2 local dealers.   Though I like the private sellers thoughts on prices !!  maybe I should put my 95 roadking [custom built-flat black paint] on craigslist for around $14000 and then go buy me a new streetglide [from some dealer far away] :hyst:   TooLow

Mi_RDGlide

You only need to be 10% smarter than the thing your working on.

tireater

Ride it...Break it...Fix it...Repeat...

05FLHTC

Truck I look on ebay & craigslist, found a stellar deal on me 1995 FXD on ebay 2 years ago...didn't need another bike, but at the time my bagger was down. It helps keep me amused during the winter months & keeps me up to date on what folks are asking for em...ASKING is the key word, not selling. Many not getting sold for what they are asking anymore, prices are a dropping.
Illinois the Corruption Capitol of USA

CraigArizona85248

LMAO!  Not only is the guy with the '93 delustional about the price, but he must have been dreamin' when he posted that it had the "Anniversary paint, ORANGE!!"   :hyst:  The 90th Anniversary paint (1993) was Silver and Charcoal... like this...

PoorUB

Quote from: 02roadcling on March 29, 2009, 11:23:37 AM
those guys are nutz

There is allot of that going around!
I guy I work with bought a Dyna Wide Glide for $22,000 in the spring of '05. Tons of dealer added goodies drove the price up. Fairly often he would remind me that his Wide Glide was worth more than my '05 Ultra. I kept telling him just because he paid more does not mean it is worth more! He went to trade in in the other day and the dealer offered him $10K on trade for a Street Glide. he was pissed! Another guy we both know just traded in a '05 Ultra on a '09 and got $14K for it. I just laughed and asked him, "whose bike is worth more?"
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

L-

A guy at work bought a 1990 Electa Glide for $9000.00 !!!!!   I ordered a battery, stator and some other small stuff for it.  Just goes to show what W. C. Fields used to say.

L-

05FLHTC

Here's a nice one
http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/mcy/1097370367.html

& few others
http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/mcy/1095946161.html

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/mcy/1095860987.html

Here look for your self alot of nice ones
http://chicago.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=Harley%20davidson
Illinois the Corruption Capitol of USA

jclark311

I just bought a 94 Heritage Nostalgia In November, I watched it on EBAY, and Craigslist, it stated at 13k, then 12, then 11, then 10. I bought it for 8. If you have cash, you are in the drivers seat. Nobody is going to write a 13k home equity check now. So cash rules. Those 2 adds you showed are way over priced. New ones are cheaper than that!

Jeffd

here is a beauty for $10,000.

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

Scurvy

she is a beaut! But what I want to know is where is all the snow? It's white here and I can't even find the hose to wash mine.
'05 FXST, '10 FLHTP, '77 FXE
Clinton, MT

HroadhogD1

The prices of bikes is bound to go down even more as people lose their jobs.  I hate to see that happen, even if we can get good deals.

mark61

Just going from Mechanicsburg to State College gets you a $1k lower price on new bikes. #1 has some decent prices on newer used bikes-mostly dressers right now- and then they are asking $9k for a '77 FLH touring rig and $8k for a '80 FX both which have low to mid teens,000 miles on them. Those shovels seem high but their used prices can be negotiated I understand.  YMMV.     Not shilling for them! Just FYI.

mark61

Panzer

Here's one you might want to look into:
                  www.Harleybrokers.com
Never used them, just saying.

Panzer
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

Princess Butt

For a lot of guys forced to sell, it's hard to let go of their pride. Think about it: if you just lost your job, what would hurt the most to sell off? Yeah, I would hate to sell one of my rides at below market value too.

There are also those guys who think it's still 1997, where a used bike is worth almost as much as a new one. Not a chance. If it's more than 5 years old, chances are you're lucky to get 2/3 of what it cost new. One guy I know has been trying to sell the same bike for 2 years; he think's he's giving it away at $15k, since he's got $25k into it. It's still an $11k bike, no matter what you've done to it.

All those goodies you added don't increase the value. That's why you keep the stock stuff, and swap it back before you sell it. Then you can liquidate all the other stuff and make up some cash.

BnEUC
Shiny side up, rubber side down.