With Harley Zumo 665, no need for Harley Satellite radio kit?

Started by Eccool, July 02, 2015, 08:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eccool

Looking to add both gps and sat radio to the bike.  Thought I had to buy the 665 and the sat radio kit, but reading the description of the gps, it doesn't sound like it.  Does the 665 do everything that the sat radio kit does?  Thanks!

rmc115

There is none better than the factory integrated sat radio kit, but expensive. I don't see what year your bike is but with the fact unit you retain the handlebar controls. The zumo antenna is huge 3.5" +/-. I found the audio output on the zumo was too low and had to use a booster for highway use. Mike
00 Fatboy, 95"wood tw6, diamond cut,se 44mm  <br />20 Ultra Limited

dmrdn

Quote from: rmc115 on July 03, 2015, 06:41:35 PM
There is none better than the factory integrated sat radio kit, but expensive. I don't see what year your bike is but with the fact unit you retain the handlebar controls. The zumo antenna is huge 3.5" +/-. I found the audio output on the zumo was too low and had to use a booster for highway use. Mike

Needing a booster does not sound right. I do not run a booster and mine will blow the wax out of your ears. You do have to make sure the volume on the 665 is set to 100%. Then the handlebar control will give you all the volume you need. At least that is the way it is on my bike

Ken R