May 09, 2024, 07:39:37 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Adding an Amp to a stock radio

Started by Jaycee1964, July 04, 2015, 02:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaycee1964

Want to add an amp to my stock 2012 TK but don't want to cut into the stock harness.  Are wiring kits to be had for the stock harness to amp and radio to amp?  I'm going to use a line output converter to adapt the high output from the radio to RCA for pre-amp input (hopefully).  Any guidance?  I'm looking for a clean professional install above all. 
If you have to stop and think about if it is right or wrong, Assume it is wrong.

tdgriff

Call BT and talk to Bill he will hook you up.

greasy

I put a BT 2180 amp and 7.1 speakers on my E/G and it was plug n play!  Major improvement!!!

shagyluke

Quote from: Jaycee1964 on July 04, 2015, 02:07:26 PM
Want to add an amp to my stock 2012 TK but don't want to cut into the stock harness.  Are wiring kits to be had for the stock harness to amp and radio to amp?  I'm going to use a line output converter to adapt the high output from the radio to RCA for pre-amp input (hopefully).  Any guidance?  I'm looking for a clean professional install above all.

I ordered all of my connections from Vtwin audio as I did not want to cut into my harness as well. Great guys to work with. I called and told them what I was doing and they sent me what I needed and it working out great. Good luck
"I say Grace, and I say Ma'am, If you aint in to that I don't give a damn.

tdgriff

Jaycee1964

Quote from: shagyluke on July 07, 2015, 12:58:34 PM
Quote from: Jaycee1964 on July 04, 2015, 02:07:26 PM

I ordered all of my connections from Vtwin audio as I did not want to cut into my harness as well. Great guys to work with. I called and told them what I was doing and they sent me what I needed and it working out great. Good luck

I called them today and ordered the cables.  Great phone service.  Thanks for the lead!
If you have to stop and think about if it is right or wrong, Assume it is wrong.

Jaycee1964

Upgrade is complete!  The V-twin audio harness is the way to go.  No molestation!   The amp in conjunction with the component speakers with crossovers gives pin point accurate sound.  Love the 5.25 MB Quart reference speakers in the front and rear.  Had them leftover from a few years back when they were in my Jeep.  These were before Maxonics bought MB out.  IMO they are one of the most under rated speakers out there.  It is not a power pumping thumper but a cool, clean, crisp accurate sounding system.  The wife loves it.  Happy Wifey, Happy Lifey.