May 02, 2024, 06:12:29 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

OT: NHRA

Started by Deye76, March 29, 2009, 02:57:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deye76

Watching NHRA on TV while I'm typing this. I really like K&N filters (oil & air) and see they are a new sponsor for Warren Johnson (pro stock). He may be successful but gawd I can't stand his arrogant azz, and think he's also on his way to "has been". What are they (K&N) thinking? :angry: LOL, can you tell I got cabin fever, and am minutes away from shooting holes in the fridge.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

Sonny S.

Shame that " Bud " is dropping Kenny Bernstein after 30 years 

FSG

Quoteam minutes away from shooting holes in the fridge

aim high   :teeth:   better to hit the frozen  peas than the beer lower down

Kansas

Is Bud leaving the NHRA or changing teams?  I hadn't heard about this. And since we are on the NHRA topic let me throw this in.  There is a NHRA National here in Topeka once a year and if you are a casual fan, like me, it is frustrating to have no way to know who anybody is on the race track.  Drivers names are in 2 1/2" letters that you can read if you are standing next to the car, but are impossible to read from the grandstand.  It would be nice if there was some way to identify who was driving what car.  Teams and drivers come and go, sponsors come and go, and I just don't get the NHRA not addressing this issue decade after decade.  It is hard to get behind somebody if you don't know which car they are in. I've always been a Tommy Johnson Jr. fan since he was from the midwest, but which car in which class is he in this year?  It's just bad marketing IMO. 

Sc00ter

Quote from: Kansas on March 29, 2009, 03:56:36 PM
Is Bud leaving the NHRA or changing teams?  I hadn't heard about this. And since we are on the NHRA topic let me throw this in.  There is a NHRA National here in Topeka once a year and if you are a casual fan, like me, it is frustrating to have no way to know who anybody is on the race track.  Drivers names are in 2 1/2" letters that you can read if you are standing next to the car, but are impossible to read from the grandstand.  It would be nice if there was some way to identify who was driving what car.  Teams and drivers come and go, sponsors come and go, and I just don't get the NHRA not addressing this issue decade after decade.  It is hard to get behind somebody if you don't know which car they are in. I've always been a Tommy Johnson Jr. fan since he was from the midwest, but which car in which class is he in this year?  It's just bad marketing IMO. 

Bud is leaving the sport... Budweiser was bought by a European company last year - I suspect this is the beginning of the end for auto racing sponsorships by Bud...

And Tommy Johnson, Jr. is out of a ride this year...   :emsad:

fxstdavew

"I can't stand his arrogant azz" ,when your peers nick name you "the professor" I guess you can be arrogant
Most bike problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the seat

Deye76

Bob Glidden didn't give him that name :wink:
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

AllanW

Lee Shepard wasnt to shabby while he was around

WVULTRA

Quote from: AllanW on March 29, 2009, 05:38:58 PM
Lee Shepard wasnt to shabby while he was around

AllanW:

Couldn't agree with you more!  Got to talk with Lee many moons ago in Bristol, TN, and he was "cool hand Luke" IMO.

The sport lost a great one!

:wink:
'07 ULTRA, AXTELL 107"/BAISLEY SS HEADS/HPI 48/DARKHORSE CRANK/RINEHART TDs/TTS

brick1

anybody here old enough to remember Sox & Martin, Dyno don??  just wondering if i the only one left??

bill

mikemullens69

nope, your not the only one left.

Clintster

What about Bill Grumpy Jenkins ?
Drive fast, take chances

Sc00ter

Quote from: brick1 on March 29, 2009, 06:28:45 PM
anybody here old enough to remember Sox & Martin, Dyno don??  just wondering if i the only one left??

bill

There's a few of us still around!   :up:

Fast Copperhead

Been around drag racing since birth! We have family photos of me as a newborn laying in the top of my Dad's toolbox at the local dragstrip, 52 years ago! I still love it today. I like to go fast right now not a couple of laps later. My dad and I have run everything from a 327 Chevy to 426 Hemi. I wish I had some of these cars today. Yes, I remember Sox and Martin, Dyno Don, and Big Daddy Don's Swamprat!

reh3

Hell, I remember when Grumpy was building/tunning motors for Dave Strickler's "Old Reliable" cars.

jsachs1

March 30, 2009, 06:28:21 AM #15 Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 06:38:16 AM by jsachs1
I been drag racing since 1958.Even ran with a few of them...........
John :wink:
Some of the stuff I built and raced.
Neat website..............doverdragstrip.com

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

Big Dan

March 30, 2009, 06:38:52 AM #16 Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 06:45:37 AM by Big Dan
Dang, John. That Anglia makes me feel all squishy inside.

This one got me in way too much trouble.....
Never follow the Hippo into the water.