May 03, 2024, 06:48:39 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

speedometer repair shop?

Started by rustyflstc, March 29, 2009, 04:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rustyflstc

Anyone recommend a vendor for a speedo repair? The odometer numbers are bled into each other wondering if that can be repaired? Would like to keep original speedo with correct milage. I know back in 98 this was a factory recall but but the time mine had a problem they would not warranty repair.
Maybe better to buy new? 

14Frisco

I don't know a repair shop for the electronic speedos - I highly suspect it's not worth repairing, it's cheaper to get a new one than spend the labor on trying to fix it.
I bought a new one for my 94 FLHR.  And you'll keep the mileage - when you order the new one you'll tell them what your current mileage is and the new one will be delivered like that.

rustyflstc

Yep Thanks Frisco, you were right.Called a speedo repair shop in WV they told me the same. So I dropped the 300 large and the stealer is ordering a new one with the exact mileage on the clock. Had to provide the registration for proof of vehicle it was going on.

14Frisco

$300!??  Are you getting a quart of oil with that?
I paid $180 for mine online at Zanotti a year and a half ago.