May 02, 2024, 01:30:39 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Series or Parallel

Started by Ardy, July 10, 2015, 04:49:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gannicus

Yes Sir Zach! I'm running the soundstream in my fairing. Tight fit. But it fits.

Ardy- I'd shift gears on those old hog tune speakers bro. Go out and purchase a nice set of infinity 62.11i's.

tdgriff

Quote from: Gannicus on July 15, 2015, 01:53:58 PM
Quote from: tdgriff on July 14, 2015, 05:22:58 PM
Quote from: Gannicus on July 13, 2015, 07:53:17 AM
Yes Sir! I hear you Coyote can't beat the soundstream amps. I love mine as well. I'm running the 1000D on my front four speakers and the TN4.900 on the back end.  Awesome sound with these amps. I'll tell you guys something. I've had the most expensive amps out there you can purchase for a bike and I always come back to the soundstream. It's just one hell of a great amp!!  Now don't get me wrong. The BT4180. The Moto 600.4 and the Hertz HDP4 are all excellent amps with plenty of power. But to my ears the soundstream amps have warmth and power. Just my .02
Ok Gannicus you got my ears up I will bite. What is the cheapest I can try this amp for? I will do a honest review on this amp I have hear you talk about this amp for some time. I will make a deal if I don't like it better then my BT I will give it to a forum member for free. I just ask they give a review and send it on. I will even pay shipping to the next person.

Griff I have the evil twin to the soundstream sitting on my shelf as we speak. (Power Acoustik 3000D) If you want to check it out I have no problem sending it your way. Got the SS 1000D in the fairing right now. Won't cost you a dime brother. I would just like an honest review as well.
You got a deal bro I will take on the challenge. I will pay for shipping both ways not a problem at all.

Ardy

Quote from: Gannicus on July 15, 2015, 02:30:36 PM
Ardy- I'd shift gears on those old hog tune speakers bro. Go out and purchase a nice set of infinity 62.11i's.

Already have the BT's on the way. Maybe some Kickers on the back? Which ones fit back there?

Gonna try the HogTunes first and see how they work.
Guns don't kill people.
Drivers on Cell Phones do.

Gannicus

The kickers are going to give you more bang in the rear pods vs. the hog tunes. Two model numbers for the kickers.  Both are equally effective.

Kicker CS67
Kicker KSC67

The K series are the latest model.

tdgriff

:agree:I have to say I think boom is over priced . Go with the kickers

Ardy

August 05, 2015, 12:45:23 AM #30 Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 03:06:27 AM by Ardy
The Kicker KSC67's arrived yesterday and maybe I'm missing something but they aren't drop in speakers for the rear pods my '10 Ultra. Do I have to install them with the supplied screws and use the grills that came with them?

Wondering if there are any of the Kicker speakers that I can put in there and still use the stock grills?

Ardy
Guns don't kill people.

Ardy

Wondering if there are any of the Kicker speakers that I can put in there and still use the stock grills?

:idunno: Guess I should go to another part of the forum and ask the question.

Ardy
Guns don't kill people.

tdgriff

Quote from: Ardy on August 11, 2015, 03:35:21 PM

:idunno: Guess I should go to another part of the forum and ask the question.

Ardy
Hang tight my friend you will get some info . I will look into myself as will others. I only have one question will the stock grill that came with the kickers not work?? :fish:

Ardy

August 14, 2015, 12:40:17 AM #33 Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 12:43:58 AM by Ardy
I'm sure they will work but it's not what I wanted back there. I was trying to keep the stock look and I though these would. I guess I should have asked more questions. Plus those Kicker grills a butt ugly. Bought Kicker 40cs54 and they fit with the stock grill.

The 41ksc654 has a tweeter that protrudes from the speaker. The 40cs54 the tweeter is beneath the mounting ring...flush so to speak.
Guns don't kill people.

tdgriff

You can get speaker grill on Amazon for cheap . I bet they would have something that you would like.

Ardy

If you read my last post I bought some Kicker 40cs54 and the stock grill works.
Guns don't kill people.