May 02, 2024, 04:58:16 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Bubble Bags

Started by randallwhitman, March 29, 2009, 05:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

randallwhitman

Anyone own a set of Bubble Bags?  If so, do you like them?  What bike are they on?  Pros?  Cons?

Freedom Behind Bars
103" Shovel
103" '07 FLHX

e-glide90

Do not know much about them, but try bbreproductions.com  I think thats the web site.

Evorider

Yep - BBreproductions is the website. I'm not plugging them but thats where to go. I have a set and am happy after 1000's of miles. They are not as big in capacity as todays hardbags but they will give you the nostalgia look. The lock is lightweight,  and they are fairly watertight.

You can call or email the guy direct and I found them good to deal with.

If you are looking for old ones I have seen them on ebay but its buyer beware.........my 2 cents..E

Panzer

Quote from: e-glide90 on March 30, 2009, 06:45:58 AM
Do not know much about them, but try bbreproductions.com  I think thats the web site.

That's the right site.
For what it's worth, I had them on my 1962 FL and loved them.
The top hinged open or you could remove the top, for packing.
The snap open latch with lock was another plus and water proof, streamline looking too.
Mine, at that time, I think was made out of PVC plastic or fiberglass.
They were almost bullet proof......MHO.

Panzer
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

Tow-Truck

I've got  a set on my '61. Not huge inside but they look so right I would'nt use anything else. I managed to live out of mine for six weeks! I bought mine off ebay and they were wrecked (what do you get for $35 these days?). I plastic welded them using a butane torch and a zip-tie as filler rod, then sprayed them gloss black. They look really nice. I am hoping to cover the lids in leather after I've repaired all the cracks in them. They have been really waterproof suprisingly, and are easy to use. I bought my fitting kit from BB reproductions, nice people to do business with.

randallwhitman

Thanks guys.  I knew of the website and had already talked to them, but I wanted some owner feedback.  I appreciate hearing from you.  Randy  Oh.....I'm thinking of putting them on my '76 FL (shovel).
Freedom Behind Bars
103" Shovel
103" '07 FLHX