May 02, 2024, 05:10:17 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Will 2002 FLH. spoke rims fit a 94 Heritage

Started by jclark311, March 29, 2009, 08:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jclark311

Will 2002 FLH. spoke rims fit a 94 Heritage, or is the axle to big. I thought I read here somewhere that the axle size went from .750 to 1000. But I am not sure what year?

Hossamania

I believe in '02 the axle size was changed and will NOT fit your '94 Heritage. Sorry.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

HarleyCharley

'02 FLH wheels have 1" diameter axles. You will have to do some modifing to make work.

charley

BK Meyers

Quote from: jclark311 on March 29, 2009, 08:29:39 PM
Will 2002 FLH. spoke rims fit a 94 Heritage, or is the axle to big. I thought I read here somewhere that the axle size went from .750 to 1000. But I am not sure what year?

You will need to change bearings and I believe the inner sleeve. Local independent shop here does it quite often.

Also you may need to check your rear pulley alignment.

BK
1996 Road King

Tom

I put wheels from an '05 Road Glide on my '97 Heritage.
You can buy the bearings for the 3/4" axle from a guy on Ebay.
I made my own inner bearing spacer and wheel spacers to get the alignment right.
The front is a bit more involved. After much careful measuring I found I needed to remove .250" from the left side of the hub to properly center the wheel and locate the brake rotor in the caliper. Then make the new inner spacer and wheel spacers to suit. Alse made a cover for the unused right side rotor holes. Oh yea, you will need the later rotors or bore yours out to fit the new wheels.

See, simple!

jclark311