Started by Billy, March 30, 2009, 09:27:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billy

Cool Stuff:

Looks Fast!!

Whatchall Think?
Lazyness is the Mother of Invention

Redrubicon2004

No windshield?  Thats going to make for a very scary ride when the riders helmet starts shaking like a bobble head.

willymax4

motorcycle?
that ain't no motorcycle.
i don't what it is is but it ain't no motorcycle!!! :hyst: :hyst: :gob:
RIDE LIKE HELL AND YOU'LL PROBABLY WIND UP THERE

ceduby

Yep. looks fast alright. looks like it's just for the track only
Beat it to fit, paint it to match

4DWUDS

Looks like Ferrari hired Arlen Ness.
To Err is human, To Forgive Divine. Neither of which is Marine Corps Policy.

FLTRI

But not the first to be called a Ferrari motorcycle:
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

Deye76

The white zinfendel boys should love it
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

truck

I like the red one and the yellow one. :teeth:
I wonder if that oil filter will make a mess when you change it, or if it will drain out along with the the oil in the pan?
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

truck

Panzer

I was gonna mention the seat also.
I can see a rider hitting the brakes and sliding right over the front fender. :crook:
If you put my 1200 Custom side by side, it would be hard to tell them apart. :hyst:
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

Maj

Appears to not have any front suspension. Huge blunder if that is the case.

Billy

Quote from: Maj on March 30, 2009, 04:36:07 PM
Appears to not have any front suspension. Huge blunder if that is the case.

I noticed that also.

It's likely a concept vehicle somewhat like the Tomahawk Dodge built about 5-6 years ago.

truck

cig

I think it looks like an Oscar Meyer weiner.  :soda:
cig 
Alton, Illinois

82fxrstroker

Front fairing kinda reminds me of the spy vs spy cartoon characters from Mad magazine.

truck

Quote from: 82fxrstroker on March 30, 2009, 06:44:57 PM
  Front fairing kinda reminds me of the spy vs spy cartoon characters from Mad magazine.

lol! Good catch!

Dennis The Menace

Not my style to ride, but as a work of art I can appreciate the bike, as well as most of the cars that Ferrari have designed.  Italian design and art is, IMO, some of the best.

Still, I would rather ride a Willie G design.

meance

harleytoprock

Any touring bags or chrome available yet? :crook:

Kansas

I've been looking for a way to make some side cash. I can be the first to make a Maltese Falcon sissy bar and charge the big bucks.  :smile:

harpo1313

think i would slide off that one.make mine brown,ill call it turd

Shadowdog

Best to all,

Shadowdog  Smoke um till the wheels fall off!

Shadowdog

Quote from: FLTRI on March 30, 2009, 10:30:38 AM
But not the first to be called a Ferrari motorcycle:

Actually that is a MV Agusta, or a Harley Davidson from Italy.
Best to all,

Shadowdog  Smoke um till the wheels fall off!

Billy

I posted the pics on another board and got this response:

Amir Glinik runs an advanced school for graduate college students specializing in industrial Design,Fine Art and Architecture. The Ferrari bike is Glinik's work of art. Glinik took the Ferrari bike off his website because Ferrari disapproved.

Mark Hinchliffe
November 28, 2008 11:00pm

FERRARI making motorcycles? Not likely. But there certainly has been a lot of talk about designs and pipedreams floating in cyberspace.

However, there have been Ferrari motorcycles in the past and there were images of future designs floating around the internet until the Italian car maker stopped them.

The current Ferrari concept motorcycles are the pipedream of talented artist Amir Glinik, who posted them on several websites.

His design is based on a Ferrari V12 engine pared down to a V4 with complex multifunction hand controls modelled after the F16 throttle.

The side air intakes are variable, allowing the rider to regulate air flow. They can even be used to assist in high-speed braking.

There is also a touch screen and information centre with GPS. The rider also can control suspension settings and drive modes.

Sounds and looks worthy of a Ferrari nameplate, but the Italian car manufacturer wants nothing to do with it and demanded the images be taken off the net.

Edward Rowe, public affairs manager for Ferrari importer Ateco Automotive Australia, said the motorbike styling exercise was "an entirely private concept in which Ferrari had and has no involvement".

"Ferrari has no plans to get involved with motorbikes, but is not surprised when its image and design are used as an inspiration," he said.

But there have been Ferrari, or "Ferraris" motorcycles before.

In 1903, Ferraris made bicycles with tiny 2hp Peugeot engines.

From 1951-54, Fratelli Ferrari of Milan built bikes with two and four-stroke, twin and single-cylinder engines ranging from 123cc to 248cc.

Fratelli was not related to Enzo the carmarker who reportedly was not pleased with his namesake's bike.

Since then, cheeky backyard mechanics have been producing red motorcycles with the famous yellow prancing horse logo.

x52gnr

2012 Heritage Softail
2008 Gl1800 (Gold Wing) Airbagger