April 27, 2024, 05:47:27 AM

News:

Old Shovel rear caliper

Started by HV, November 09, 2008, 09:58:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HV

OK its a shovel post.. but WTF if I dont like it ..Ill remove it.. :smiled:

Im looking for a place to find brushings to fix elongated holes in the mounting points for the one piece dual piston type

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]
HV HTT Admin ..Ride Safe ...But Ride informed with HTT !!
Skype HV.HTT

76shuvlinoff

Dunno if this is it or not

J&P 08 catalog top of page 685
Caliper mounting bushing, sez for dual disc fork legs 77 to 83, not sure if it'll work on the rear.
Part #  24000892    OEM # 46018-77  46019-77

Anyhow that page has "some" caliper rebuild components.

Mark
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

HV

Skype HV.HTT

HV

Those are for the small pins in the front ones on a dual caliper system ..Im still looking...LOL
Skype HV.HTT

stroker800

HV,,, would it not be as east as goin to your local machine hop and askin to open up the hole till its a circle,,then have them turn a nice bushing for you...I've had this done a few times for HD and aftermarket stuff.
Dave

Lew

Don't think there is anything available for those calipers.  Best to do as stroker suggested.  Quick, easy and will last forever.
Lew
-It is now later than it has ever been before-

flhswingarm

I have used the 'nanner bushing kit before........one of the aftermarket suppliers sells 'em cheap. Consists of two bushings and two bolts........ya just drill the appropriate size hole and zapp em in...........I since then retired the 'ol nanners to a nail in the sled shed and sprung for performance machine setup (for a round swingarm,I might add)..............best thing I ever dun

NormL

those later dual piston calipers are good.  I'd fit bronze bushings in it.  Machine shop, like stroker800 said.  :up:
Cracky
Swanton, Vermont