May 03, 2024, 03:06:57 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

8 degree to 25 degree

Started by hrdtail78, March 30, 2009, 02:15:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hrdtail78

In regards to SB M-1185.  Is it worth changing these out to the new style 25 degree if he hasn't had any proplems?  Bikes apart, and I am waiting on getting the heads back.  Haley wont let me just bring in the injectors for a swap.  Customer has to bring in the whole bike for them to do it.  Labor and everything should be taken care of.  Is it worth it to take the time to do this?  TIA
Semper Fi

rigidthumper

The reason they need the bike there is because the ECM has to be re-mapped for the 25° injectors- If it's an 06, and its ever had any hesitation when cold, it's worth it to have it done.
HTH
Robin
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

lasmittys1

Quote from: hrdtail78 on March 30, 2009, 02:15:42 PM
In regards to SB M-1185.  Is it worth changing these out to the new style 25 degree if he hasn't had any proplems?  Bikes apart, and I am waiting on getting the heads back.  Haley wont let me just bring in the injectors for a swap.  Customer has to bring in the whole bike for them to do it.  Labor and everything should be taken care of.  Is it worth it to take the time to do this?  TIA

I would tell you to keep the old injectors. Also i wouldn't let them put any download in it if you haven't had any problems with the bike.

FLTRI

Quote from: lasmittys1 on March 30, 2009, 03:49:59 PM
  I would tell you to keep the old injectors. Also i wouldn't let them put any download in it if you haven't had any problems with the bike.
:up: :up:
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

Wingnut

April 03, 2009, 03:42:50 PM #4 Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 06:08:21 AM by Wingnut
If you you had the heads off, I assume you had work done to them.  If you are going to retune the bike, just do so with the 8* injectors. If there was no problems with them before they should be fine after the retune. 
Never ride faster then your angel can fly.

jd8181

i had my bike tuned with 8* injectors and i changed my pipe and had the local harley shop run a baseline on my bike to see how much the pipes threw off the tune and now ever time i go in there they keep telling me i need to get the 25* injectors put in and get it retuned. at the local harley shop the injectors are $91 each but you can get them online for around $55 each. i've never had any problems with hesitation from my bike, but when we did the baseline there was a tiny dip in my dyno run and they were saying that could be the injectors. who knows. i've been thinking about it, but i think i'm way to cheap since the bike has been running pretty good
2003 Night Train 95" SE Pistons, S&S Cams, Hooker's , SERT, etc....
What's Next