April 27, 2024, 05:15:58 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Dynojet Target Tune for Power Vision

Started by Jamie Long, July 29, 2015, 12:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamie Long

The new Target Tune kit for Dynojet Power Vision allows for full time closed loop fuel control incorporating Bosch wideband O2 sensors into the factory HD-Delphi ECM with user defined air-fuel targets. Fuel Moto has been working with Dynojet for a season developing & testing this exciting new product.

From our website:
Dynojet Target Tune is an optional accessory for Power Vision that adds a new dimension to Harley tuning. Target Tune incorporates closed loop fuel control utilizing Bosch wideband O2 sensors into the HD-Delphi ECM. Dynojet has evolved the OEM closed loop parameters and adaptive fuel control within the ECM to meet the needs of performance & tuning enthusiasts alike.

Allows the factory ECM to interpret and use wideband O2 sensor signals*
User defined AFR/Lambda targets over a broad range
Target fuel table from PV calibration is achieved in real time
Retains OEM closed loop, adaptive fuel control strategy
Learns and uses VE table corrections as you ride
Target Tune enhanced Auto Tune app on PV device
Does NOT interfere with dealer diagnostic / service tools
Direct plug in OEM style connectors connect to factory O2 harness
Model specific applications for Harley Davidson closed loop models
Available as upgrade kit without O2 sensors for owners of Auto Tune Pro
Fits 2006 and newer Harley Davidson motorcycles**
* Requires Power Vision Target Tune specific calibration
** ECM must be "closed loop capable" and have OEM wiring for O2 sensor circuitry

For more Target Tune info & pricing you can visit our website http://www.fuelmotousa.com/series-199126

q1svt

Good news Jamie....   :up: :up: :up:

Keep us posted on when the 2006 baggers can get the TT features.
** ECM must be "closed loop capable" and have OEM wiring for O2 sensor circuitry
Greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge.

joe_lyons

Quote from: q1svt on July 29, 2015, 06:13:02 PM
Good news Jamie....   :up: :up: :up:

Keep us posted on when the 2006 baggers can get the TT features.
All you need to do is add the wiring for the O2 sensors to your ecm.  05ish+ were all O2 sensor capable but just not wired for it.
Powerhouse Cycle & Dyno - Performance is our passion 816-425-4901

q1svt

I figured the adding of a harness is the easy part... didn't know if the PV software or calibration will unlock the older ecm's?

http://harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php/topic,79964.msg890670.html#msg890670
Greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge.

Jamie Long

July 30, 2015, 07:36:04 AM #4 Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 07:42:47 AM by Jamie Long
Target Tune is currently supported on factory closed loop bikes only. Target Tune equipped bikes have significant differences from standard calibrations, if Dynojet chooses to add support for earlier closed loop capable ECMs we would need to test & develop everything and offer the wiring harness as well, this would be down the road.

a2wheeler

for this target tune - do you use wide band sensors attached near exhaust ports, and then just leave the stock o2 sensors installed but disconnected. I currently have Jackpot X pipe, so I have both o2 sensor bungs.

joe_lyons

Sunny Jim

So Jamie, once installed, if down the track , I choose to do a cam change , exhaust swap or even head work, will I need to apply for a new base map from dynajet?

hdmanillac

Hello,

With Target Tune, is it possible to use my current stage 2 cal after update with pv or by dynojet ? Or should I use a brand new cal from dynojet ?

:scratch:
2017 FLHR + 2019 FXLR + 2007 XL1200R

Jamie Long

August 05, 2015, 08:56:55 AM #9 Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 08:59:12 AM by Jamie Long
Quote from: Wallaby Bob on August 04, 2015, 07:01:14 AM
So Jamie, once installed, if down the track , I choose to do a cam change , exhaust swap or even head work, will I need to apply for a new base map from dynajet?

If you do a cam swap or other significant changes you will need to change the base map, if you are a Fuel Moto customer you can email targettune@fuelmotousa.com and we will get you a new TT compatable Fuel Moto base calibration for your setup. If the unit was purchased from another vendor you can email Dynojet at targettune@dynojet.com and they are happy to assist. There is also a new TT-Auto Tune application on the PV device for populating VE corrections which works especially well of there is not a specific TT map for a given combination or when fine tuning is required.

Jamie Long

Quote from: hdmanillac on August 04, 2015, 10:04:22 AM
Hello,

With Target Tune, is it possible to use my current stage 2 cal after update with pv or by dynojet ? Or should I use a brand new cal from dynojet ?

:scratch:

If you have a calibration that you would like converted to be TT compatible you can email the your calibration to targettune@fuelmotousa.com or Dynojet at targettune@dynojet.com. There is an end user tool for converting "standard" PV map to Target Tune maps on the way.

hdmanillac

2017 FLHR + 2019 FXLR + 2007 XL1200R

joe_lyons

I believe it will be a firmware update with a cal update and then load some PVV files to preset things.

Soft 02

So I have a question Jamie. I am currently running a PV with the narrow band OEM O2 sensors. My 124" is running great as far as I can tell. Would the new WB set up your advertising be something I install and basically turn on and it would constantly be adaptive tuning? Im not tech savy. My computer is a Mac so I cant play with my PV tunes at home. Thanks.
07 FXST 124" Vee Twin built!
66 Triumph Tiger TR6 DOA

Jamie Long

Quote from: Soft 02 on August 05, 2015, 10:14:17 AM
So I have a question Jamie. I am currently running a PV with the narrow band OEM O2 sensors. My 124" is running great as far as I can tell. Would the new WB set up your advertising be something I install and basically turn on and it would constantly be adaptive tuning? Im not tech savy. My computer is a Mac so I cant play with my PV tunes at home. Thanks.

It all comes down to the overall accuracy of your current tune. If your bike is well tuned and running great you may not see huge benefits, you would however gain the attributes of closed loop fuel control to a broader AFR as well as fuel correction in the higher loads and upper RPM areas that are not possible with the factory closed loop strategy. One of the best features of TT is the ability to take your dyno tuned map and retain the AF targets that the dyno tuner built the map to, and let Target Tune maintain them.   

Soft 02

Thank you Jamie! Makes sense. Being somewhat tuner illiterate, is it plug and play on the bike, What i mean is do I need a computer to use it? Not having a windows computer limits me somewhat.
66 Triumph Tiger TR6 DOA

Jamie Long

Quote from: Soft 02 on August 06, 2015, 12:54:19 PM
Thank you Jamie! Makes sense. Being somewhat tuner illiterate, is it plug and play on the bike, What i mean is do I need a computer to use it? Not having a windows computer limits me somewhat.

The Target Tune hardware is plug & play, it plugs directly into the OEM harness. A computer would be required for the following; you would need to update the PV firmware & WinPv software, your map would need to be converted to a TT map, the map would then be sent to your PV device to be flashed to the ECM.

Soft 02

66 Triumph Tiger TR6 DOA

joe_lyons

Quote from: Soft 02 on August 06, 2015, 02:15:44 PM
Got it! Thanks!
I would buy a cheap cheap laptop just for playing with the software if you want.  You can usually find them for less than $50 or less if you have a friend with one.

Soft 02

Yea I need to do that. I haven't even done any basic tuning runs since its been back from the dyno. Runs great but only 35 mpg. I need to study up on pv tuning. This new set up sounds gooder than the previous at pro.
66 Triumph Tiger TR6 DOA