May 02, 2024, 03:31:01 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

1200 Sportster Big Bore Kit

Started by Burch, March 30, 2009, 03:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burch

Asking this for a guy at work:

How big can you make a 1200 Sportser with abig bore kit...he is looking a an '09.

What would happen to teh Trade it in Latter deal I wonder?

Thanks!

Burch

Burch

L-

He needs to call Zippers....... they can make a big one.....resale?  Who cares?

HroadhogD1

Look on Craigslist, there is not the resale there used to be.

codyshop

I used Axtel cylinders and KB pistons to make my '88 into a 1320.  I don't believe that set-up is available for the '05-ups.  All modifications, perfomance or appearance have no effect on resale.  All used bikes are "stock", period. 

Clintster

The way they are wording the Get all your money back trade is on MSRP, or sale price I think.  I wonder if you have the bigbore done at the time of purchase if they would credit you that when you trade in?  I would ask a salesman, if that's what you referring to?  He is thinking about a larger bike in a few years, trading the sportster in ? Normally options and accessories are a write off, but you may have something there.
Drive fast, take chances

Burch

Clintster,

Yes, that is exactly what I ment..the "trade-up" offer.

Burch
Burch

rigidthumper

If the VIN says it's an 883, then it gets traded in as an 883, regardless of what you put in the motor- so keep your stock stuff to put back in the bike when you trade up, and sell the 1200 stuff on XLforums after you get that new big twin.
HTH
Robin
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?