April 27, 2024, 02:47:08 PM

News:

wiring down and dirty

Started by BlockheadButch, November 09, 2008, 10:12:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlockheadButch

I'm an old Pan guy building a 1340. I bought a 1999 1340 new in a crate a few years ago and began building from the ground up. Got side tracked a million times but am ready to finish. What I have left is wiring. I want to wire it up and get it running so I can approach all of the hurdles that will come in making it run and roll. I've built it on very blue collar wages (even worse, musicians wages) so there will be a lot of tweaking. I'm not wiring anything up to the hand controls other than high and low beam switch. I've never wired an EVO and don't really have any Comrades (kind of an introvert) Any diagrams or links to straight ahead wiring would be appreciated(it is electric start). I have found some diagrams and also been studying the stock charts so I can get an idea of where to start but I know that some folks out there must have some experience with minimalism. I've never taken this long building any of my Panheads. I think I'm more intimidated by this wiring thing than I need to be. Hearing it kick over and breath might be the jab in the as I need. Thanks for listening

95FLTCU

See if you can use this one. It is located close to the bottom of the page.

http://groups.msn.com/toddsharleypix/tow3.msnw
Don...

jclark311

I built a bike in 2003, I bought the wiring harness and circuit breaker box from Thunderheart Performance, It was a breeze, they send you everything you need,, the box mounts under your oil tank. I think it cost 175.00.