May 03, 2024, 08:40:43 PM

News:

Shipping an HD radio

Started by Phu Cat, March 30, 2009, 06:09:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phu Cat

How much should I insure the radio for on it's way back to be repaired at Radio Sound?  (Tape player, no CD.)

PC
Too much horsepower is almost enough.

Coyote

Quote from: Phu Cat on March 30, 2009, 06:09:15 PM
  How much should I insure the radio for on it's way back to be repaired at Radio Sound?  (Tape player, no CD.)

PC

I wouldn't insure it at all. Ship it UPS and don't worry. My business routinely ships 10-50k orders and have never had a problem. The cassette RS radio can't be worth that much? And they will cover $100 anyways. And more if you bitch enough. They rarely lose a package. Just make sure it's packaged to be indestructible and it will be fine. JMO

Ken R

I'm in the other column.  Insure it for $350.00.  That's what it will cost if its lost or damaged.  I ship quite a bit of stuff; have claimed insurance on two things.  The $100 covered the one for which no additional insurance was bought.  The other shipment, an adult airgun, was insured for $450, the cost of a replacement.  The stock was cracked in shipment to a purchaser.  The $450 covered it for me. 

I don't insure most stuff that I ship UPS; only that which would absolutely have to be replaced and then at the actual cost of replacement.   A RadioSound radion would fall into that category with me.   The insurance is very inexpensive (probably because they don't lose or damage many things). 

Ken

crazybastid83

A  company can take a hit, an individual might not be able to. Insure it for full retail value. I once sent a seat back to Corbin, there was a trainwreck and the seat was lost $600 out the window. I couldn't believe when I hit the tracking button and saw "trainwreck" at such and such location.