May 08, 2024, 07:27:18 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Windoze 10 and Tuners

Started by Coyote, August 07, 2015, 03:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coyote

For those that might be wondering, I have now verified that

TTS
Power Vision
Direct Link/Centurion

all run fine on my shop computer running Win 10.

Ohio HD

Hilly13

SEPST will as well, only issue I have found is the saved VCI data runs do not appear in the default box when Smart tuning, they are in recordings instead but it's only another couple of clicks to retrieve them.
Just because its said don't make it so

hrdtail78

Thank you!  I was waiting for a post like this before I upgraded one of my tuning computers.
Semper Fi

Coyote

One other thing I'll mention is that you should change the properties of

TTS Updater
Direct Line, Centurion, Tune Builder

so they run as Administrator.  If you do not, the TTS Updater will error out when it starts to install any updates.  The TR products will run without Administrator but it makes a mess out of where they save files.

Anyone uncertain of how to do this just let me know and I'll do some screen captures.

joe_lyons

I like pictures.  My laptop is downloading back at home now.
Powerhouse Cycle & Dyno - Performance is our passion 816-425-4901

Coyote

Okay,

Start by finding the icon to launch the app you want to change. In this case it is the TTS Updater.  Right click on the icon and choose Properties.

[attachimg=3]

Next choose Advanced

[attach=0]

Then check the box for Run As Administrator and click OK.

[attach=1]

HD/Wrench

joe_lyons

I updated my home laptop but now it has no sound,  need to check for windows updates I guess.
Powerhouse Cycle & Dyno - Performance is our passion 816-425-4901

slothy

Quote from: joe_lyons on August 12, 2015, 12:58:37 PM
I updated my home laptop but now it has no sound,  need to check for windows updates I guess.

if not, find out the manufucature/model of the card and goto their site. most nowadays tend to be realtek chips
2015 RGS 30" 107/ss570 cams/HPI 58mm/WFOLarry stage 2+ / trask turbo