April 30, 2024, 01:05:49 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Adding rear speakers

Started by rat44, August 08, 2015, 08:35:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rat44

I've got an 01 Classic and would like to add rear speakers. The radio is the stock Harley, don't know who made them back then. The front speakers were replaced with Hogtunes about 8 years ago or so. My question is, what is the best option for doing this? Hogtunes has a kit with the pods and the wiring harness for $200, no speakers.

I have looked around for some used pods, but most that I find are higher than Hogtunes kit. Another question, do I need an amp to run the rear speakers?

Thanks

tdgriff

Hog lids are very nice . Go to the BT web site and look around the 6×9s are very nice speakers. They sell a kit with everything you will need . I would get a amp for sure . If you don't its not even worth installing them .

rat44

Well, after finding some other sources, and a couple pm's from other forum members, I found a set of speaker pods for cheap so I'm slowly getting this together. Next is to choose an amp.

tdgriff, thanks for the suggestion but I don't want to spend what it takes to go the bag lid route.