New compensator sprocket from Rivera Primo for 2011 and up.

Started by gabbyduffy, August 09, 2015, 06:04:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

masstch

I did the math when i did the 30T pulley on my Ultra and nailed down the number to a 'T', but it was wrong. The variable is the effective tire radius. So i then found that the absolute BEST way to do this was to use a GPS (or a smartphone) to provide ACTUAL speed at say, 70. Then determine the percentage of error in your speedo. Change the PV offset by that percentage, check against the GPS again. adjust as needed.
You'll end up with the CORRECT correction, rather than the theoretical one.
Rhetorical questions, who still does those?

aalsalem

Quote from: KE5RBD on October 06, 2016, 11:29:24 PM
The calculator I have shows The gear numbers are
New Ratio
The 2074 would change to 2141 You end up as almost exactly the same gearing as 09 up Touring with a game changer of 3.055 and yours is 3.06  Close enough to be same to me.
thanks for taking the time to do the math, will give it a try and let you know

aalsalem

Quote from: masstch on October 07, 2016, 08:34:46 PM
I did the math when i did the 30T pulley on my Ultra and nailed down the number to a 'T', but it was wrong. The variable is the effective tire radius. So i then found that the absolute BEST way to do this was to use a GPS (or a smartphone) to provide ACTUAL speed at say, 70. Then determine the percentage of error in your speedo. Change the PV offset by that percentage, check against the GPS again. adjust as needed.

i was thinking of doing the same thing, but with a buddy of mine riding beside me with an other bike to check it against his speedo, with regards to GPS readings i have also found out to see that the GPS speed reading is always less than the car or bike, how you seen that ?

masstch

October 09, 2016, 03:45:20 AM #253 Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 03:47:48 AM by masstch
Quote from: aalsalem on October 08, 2016, 10:06:38 PM
Quote from: masstch on October 07, 2016, 08:34:46 PM

i was thinking of doing the same thing, but with a buddy of mine riding beside me with an other bike to check it against his speedo, with regards to GPS readings i have also found out to see that the GPS speed reading is always less than the car or bike, how you seen that ?

Yes, we've all seen that. The gps and the speedo disagree. This is because the speedo is wrong. In virtually every case, the gps is correct. Unless the the road is especially hilly, the gps is right.
The factory sets the speedo "optimistically" so as to make sure that you are going a little slower than you think you are. I think it's a liability thing. If you are on a flat straight road, the gps is correct, use that to calibrate your pv.
For the ultimate proof, find a straight section of interstate and a stopwatch to check against mile markers.....and you'll see that the gps is still right.
Rhetorical questions, who still does those?

KE5RBD

The calculation will work just fine.  The speedo was off to start with 2 mph on my 10 Limited.  Haven't checked the 14 limited yet.  It does agree with the gps on the 14.  I had already adjusted the 10 to Garmin.  It was off 2 mph at 60.  It read 62 and was actually going 60.  The stock speedo calibration was 2206 and the 2 mph adj was 2262 to get it correct. With 30 tooth it was 2353 and 2413 with the 2 mph adjustment included. You can change this to correct speedo, but if doing the game changer you change the transmission gear ratios. 
2019 FLHTK Hammock Seat S&S MK 45 Slip ons Street Tuner.

stevew

Hello everyone,
Long time member, don't post much, mostly read and absorb.  My bike is a 2016 Ultra that is stock (9K miles). 

I'm interested in installing the Rivero "game changer" but have a few questions. 

1 - Will I need to install a tuner (TTS would be my choice) to correct the speedometer reading and make the cruise control work after installing the "game changer"?
2 - Or will the BCM be able to figure it out and correct the change itself?
3 - Or can it changed by the dealer using the "Digital Technician"

Thanks in advance
Steve

KE5RBD

For number 1 the TTS under primary ratio tab in the ECM Tuning Constants will need to be changed from 1.356 to 1.438 when changing to the game changer.   You can also use the Power Vision and change the gear ratio 1 through 6th gear.  Numbers posted already in this thread.

For number 2 won't learn it.

For number 3 digital assistant won't change anything that will change the ratio. 
2019 FLHTK Hammock Seat S&S MK 45 Slip ons Street Tuner.

stevew

Thanks KE5RBD,  that was the information I was looking for.

Steve