New compensator sprocket from Rivera Primo for 2011 and up.

Started by gabbyduffy, August 09, 2015, 06:04:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gabbyduffy

Rivera Primo Game Changer Sprocket Kit for 2011 and up HD comps. It reduces the gear ratio from the stock 1.36 to a stouter, better pulling ratio of 1.44, by using a lower tooth count sprocket. The sprocket has a 32 tooth count and comes with a chain tensioner shoe that clamps to you stock tensioner shoe to take up the slack of the primary chain.
      I seen the kit at Roaders Racing yesterday and Im curious if anybody has tried one. it looks like it will be a nice alternative to changing the trans pulley and using the weaker non HD aftermarket belts.
Duffy 216-633-8541 eastern time zone.

stogieluvr60

I hate working on Saturdays....I always miss the good stuff...What was going on in Monroeville yesterday that you would come across an item like this? Or just happenstance?

gabbyduffy

Quote from: stogieluvr60 on August 09, 2015, 06:08:16 AM
I hate working on Saturdays....I always miss the good stuff...What was going on in Monroeville yesterday that you would come across an item like this? Or just happenstance?
The set of S&S cams I had in my bike was giving it a real rough idle on cold starts. I threw the Mackie 598's back in and had Bevin load my 598 tuning map. Im glad I went back to the 598's because that cam really Rocks and has great manners.
       Bevin showed me the new sprocket. What caught my attention was the sprocket spoke did not have the valley cast into it like the 2014 sprocket spoke does. In my opinion the 2014 comp. would be perfect if it did not have the valley in the spoke because that is what contributes to the 2014 version being a little louder then the previous version.

gabbyduffy

stogieluvr60

Quote from: gabbyduffy on August 09, 2015, 06:28:47 AM
Photo of parts.

Looks like a better made piece than the stock unit....I never liked how rough the spokes are. Do you think going to this in a TBW bagger would mess with my cruise or 6th gear indicator? I use the SEPRT so no re-calibration of the speedo possible like the TTS.....

Scooter_trash_1

We about to find out how well this works.. nextweek ..Stay tuned
I am Pro Freedom..Pro Second Amendment..

No Cents

08 FLHX my grocery getter, 124ci, wfolarry 110" heads, Burns pipe, 158/152 sae

stogieluvr60

Quote from: Scooter_trash_1 on August 09, 2015, 09:51:34 AM
We about to find out how well this works.. nextweek ..Stay tuned

Cool....looking forward to your review....what would be the ticket on such an item and where did you get yours?

Scooter_trash_1

Mine should be here by the end of the week.. I bought it off Ebay.. vendor there little over $200, said it included the sprocket, shoe, and primary chain.. we will see.. all were Rivera.. 58000 on my primary chain prob needed changed out anyway..

stogieluvr60

Quote from: Scooter_trash_1 on August 10, 2015, 12:19:38 PM
Mine should be here by the end of the week.. I bought it off Ebay.. vendor there little over $200, said it included the sprocket, shoe, and primary chain.. we will see.. all were Rivera.. 58000 on my primary chain prob needed changed out anyway..

Copy that...highly interested...thanks!

boooby1744

33 tooth in the future for those who like to like to criuse 80+ ?

gabbyduffy

Anybody know for sure if this unit will work on the 2014 comp. version. The cam ramps on the 2014 version are different then the previous.

rbabos

Quote from: gabbyduffy on August 11, 2015, 01:48:33 AM
      Anybody know for sure if this unit will work on the 2014 comp. version. The cam ramps on the 2014 version are different then the previous.
I'd hope so Pat or they designed the replacement sprocket for an obsolete comp.
Ron

gabbyduffy

Quote from: rbabos on August 11, 2015, 05:34:18 AM
Quote from: gabbyduffy on August 11, 2015, 01:48:33 AM
I'd hope so Pat or they designed the replacement sprocket for an obsolete comp.
Ron
While researching I've found 2 part numbers I thought was odd, also it looks like some come with a chain and some don't?........    :scratch:

2006FXDCI

One is for 2007-2013's and the other is for 2014 and newer .
2006 Super glide 107" , 2005 electra glide 124"

Scooter_trash_1

August 11, 2015, 12:16:09 PM #16 Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 01:25:00 PM by Scooter_trash_1
 I received my sprocket and shoe for the adjuster today, however.. no chain?..

1FSTRK

Looks like the original version came with the shorter chain and was discontinued. It was replaced by the one you have that includes the thicker shoe and uses the stock chain over.

Disregard this post.
"Never hang on to a mistake just because you spent time or money making it."

Admiral Akbar

Quote from: Scooter_trash_1 on August 11, 2015, 12:16:09 PM
I received my sprocket and shoe for the adjuster today, however.. no chain?.. http://www.ebay.com/itm/351423126014?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT  this was the add I purchased from.. beware.. I have contacted the seller, we will see

According to rivera and the MPN you ordered, it don't come with a chain..

http://www.riveraprimoinc.com/html/home-page-iframe.php

Ohio HD

But his add states it comes with the chain.    :idunno:

Reduces the gear ratio from the stock 1.36 to a stouter, better pulling ratio of 1.44 Kit includes everything you will need to convert your O.E. compensator assembly to one that will enable you to pull better on the straight-away and steep inclines Must be used with the 2011 and later compensator assembly. Earlier models must be upgraded to the newer compensator Includes a 32 tooth comp sprocket, endless primary chain and spacer for the O.E. chain adjuster plus complete instructions

Admiral Akbar

Quote from: Ohio HD on August 11, 2015, 08:46:38 PM
But his add states it comes with the chain.    :idunno:

Reduces the gear ratio from the stock 1.36 to a stouter, better pulling ratio of 1.44 Kit includes everything you will need to convert your O.E. compensator assembly to one that will enable you to pull better on the straight-away and steep inclines Must be used with the 2011 and later compensator assembly. Earlier models must be upgraded to the newer compensator Includes a 32 tooth comp sprocket, endless primary chain and spacer for the O.E. chain adjuster plus complete instructions

Didn't say the advertising wasn't wrong..  You can't knock 2 teeth off one sprocket and expect to use a shorter chain.. Need to drop it to  30 teeth..

Scooter_trash_1

Ummmm,...ahhhh .. yes it do.. they messaged me today , apologized and said they sent one out today..   Kudos to the vendor!!

Admiral Akbar

Quote from: Scooter_trash_1 on August 12, 2015, 11:38:34 AM
Ummmm,...ahhhh .. yes it do.. they messaged me today , apologized and said they sent one out today..   Kudos to the vendor!!

A chain? 

Scooter_trash_1

Why yes Max , I believe that was the Item in question?  The ad clearly stated Sprocket , Shoe, and Endless primary chain.. The rep stated that " a primary chain" was shipped to me today..

gabbyduffy

Quote from: Scooter_trash_1 on August 12, 2015, 05:53:14 PM
Why yes Max , I believe that was the Item in question?  The ad clearly stated Sprocket , Shoe, and Endless primary chain.. The rep stated that " a primary chain" was shipped to me today..

Wow nice...... Let me know how you like it asap. for that price and comes with a chain you can't go wrong ..... Did you get the 2014 version or the earlier version? if you got the 2014 how do the spokes look, do they have a channel cast in them.