New compensator sprocket from Rivera Primo for 2011 and up.

Started by gabbyduffy, August 09, 2015, 06:04:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Akbar

Quote from: Scooter_trash_1 on August 12, 2015, 05:53:14 PM
Why yes Max , I believe that was the Item in question?  The ad clearly stated Sprocket , Shoe, and Endless primary chain.. The rep stated that " a primary chain" was shipped to me today..

When you get, could you count the links?

Admiral Akbar

August 12, 2015, 07:03:52 PM #26 Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 07:33:28 PM by Max Headflow
Why yes Max , I believe that was the Item in question?  The ad clearly stated Sprocket , Shoe, and Endless primary chain.. The rep stated that " a primary chain" was shipped to me today..

So you get a new primary chain in the kit.. Cool..   Looks to be the same length as stock..

Didn't think of that..  :embarrassed:

Scooter_trash_1

I absolutly will post the number of links.. the replacement chain is a good part of the reason I bought it.. 58000 hard miles on mine.
I am Pro Freedom..Pro Second Amendment..

Scooter_trash_1

Quote from: gabbyduffy on August 12, 2015, 06:40:19 PM

Wow nice...... Let me know how you like it asap. for that price and comes with a chain you can't go wrong ..... Did you get the 2014 version or the earlier version? if you got the 2014 how do the spokes look, do they have a channel cast in them.
Hey Gabby, Mine is an 09.. I can take a couple of pics for you if need be..

gabbyduffy

August 16, 2015, 08:22:48 PM #29 Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 08:25:00 PM by gabbyduffy
       How the install coming along? is it up and running yet.
Duffy 216-633-8541 eastern time zone.

No Cents

08 FLHX my grocery getter, 124ci, wfolarry 110" heads, Burns pipe, 158/152 sae

No Cents

Scooter_trash_1

August 17, 2015, 11:41:58 AM #32 Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 01:28:24 PM by Scooter_trash_1
Well guys, I got it up and running.  The first thing I noticed, much snappier.. steeper ratio, not alot,  takes off real nice from dead stop and around town, very enjoyable.. first impression out of town was no sixth gear light and no cruise control. Will have to search around and see if theres a cure.  Since I dont do much super slab riding : I live rural, and state highy two lane is 99% of my travel.  My feeling about the gear setup is very favorable and accents my mild 124 very nicely. No increse in noise very straight forward install, If I could get my cruise to function Id love it. Long trips is a very simple sprocket and adjuster change, about 40 minutes.. And Max, the chain is ther same length as stock.. laid them side by side, did not count them.. did about 150 miles in eastern Ohio, found myself not having to shift as much at hyway speeds up and down the hills there..just roll on throttle and up and over. well there it is guys in simple laymens terms..

Scooter_trash_1

I for got to add that i already had 31 tooth tranny sprocket installed as well, good combo!

gabbyduffy

Are you using the 31 tooth trans sprocket with the stock belt? Did you take any photos of the install I'm curious about the chain tensioner pad and the chain deflection.
   So it plays well with the comp.?
   A 124" with a 31 tooth trans sprocket along with this set up, I bet it's REAL SNAPPY (its probably a wheelie machine). Would you consider this set up with a 30 tooth trans sprocket to be a overkill?
Duffy 216-633-8541 eastern time zone.

Scooter_trash_1

August 17, 2015, 12:43:31 PM #35 Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 12:48:13 PM by Scooter_trash_1
Hey Gabby, Yes I am using the stock belt, fairly tight I might add..Im only 1600 dollars away from the chain setup, and swingarm mod, Im saving for..If I had it obviously would eliminate all the need for this .. Not really a wheelie machine.. it wiil lift the front tire fairly easy but not in an uncontrollable fashion.... Im running a SG and weigh 280, not a light weight... as far as the gearing being too stiff.. no, I dont think so. My speedo may not be exact, based upon my buddys stock speedo compare, not a gps reading.. Im running abourt 3000 rpm at 73- 74 mph.. I dont really think this is all that bad.. like I said if I can get the cruise figured out Id likely run this setup till I go to chain.. really feels good.. The fresh sprocket and shims made the comp feel like brand new.. I run a Bandit Machine super clutch with grey springs and three shims, the whole set-up to coin a phrase I heard somewhere, its butter, and no slip.. very happy

No Cents

Scott...what did the new sprocket spokes look like?
I played around with BB gear ratio formula today. If I go to the 32 tooth front primary sprocket size and I drop my rear final drive sprocket down two teeth (which I already have one sitting on the shelf) I will have a 3.354 final ratio vs my current 3.270.
I might just have to look into one of these.
Thanks for the follow up Scott!  :up:

Ray

Scooter_trash_1

August 17, 2015, 12:51:26 PM #37 Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 07:12:06 PM by Scooter_trash_1
Ray the spokes look just like the stock but withoout the nasty grooves the cam had worn in after 30000 miles.  seriously,  a better casting I think,.. call me if you can Ray, may have something for you.

Scooter_trash_1

Quote from: No Cents on August 17, 2015, 12:43:51 PM
   Scott...what did the new sprocket spokes look like?
I played around with BB gear ratio formula today. If I go to the 32 tooth front primary sprocket size and I drop my rear final drive sprocket down two teeth (which I already have one sitting on the shelf) I will have a 3.354 final ratio vs my current 3.270.
I might just have to look into one of these.
Thanks for the follow up Scott!  :up:

Ray
Ray I can send you some pics of sprocket in the morn if you want.. Im at work right now,

wolf1340

I recently installed the EVO 49T clutch basket. I also lost my cruise and 6th gear light. Recently had it on the dyno. Thought the tuner could fix it with the power vision. He had to get dynojet to fix the tune to get my cruise back.

Scooter_trash_1

August 17, 2015, 01:57:15 PM #40 Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 02:39:00 PM by Scooter_trash_1
Quote from: wolf1340 on August 17, 2015, 01:39:05 PM
I recently installed the EVO 49T clutch basket. I also lost my cruise and 6th gear light. Recently had it on the dyno. Thought the tuner could fix it with the power vision. He had to get dynojet to fix the tune to get my cruise back.
I run the PV as well maybe Ill give them a call, Thanks Wolf...update.. just talked to Dyno Jet and they told me as you said to send them a copy of my tune and they will restore functionality of my cruise control.. Nice !

stogieluvr60

Quote from: Scooter_trash_1 on August 17, 2015, 01:57:15 PM
Quote from: wolf1340 on August 17, 2015, 01:39:05 PM
I run the PV as well maybe Ill give them a call, Thanks Wolf...update.. just talked to Dyno Jet and they told me as you said to send them a copy of my tune and they will restore functionality of my cruise control.. Nice !

I'm not losing my cruise...sorry...100/108...runs well enough...I use it too much to lose it...thought it might go this way...oh well...

No Cents

thanks Scott!  :up:
I look forward to giving one a whirl.

Ray

joe_lyons

Powerhouse Cycle & Dyno - Performance is our passion 816-425-4901

Karl H.

Dyna Wide Glide '03, Softail Deluxe '13, Street Glide '14, Sportster 883R '15

Ohio HD

old           new
  1 - (46/34) / (46/32) = 5.88%

joe_lyons

FSG

hattitude

Quote from: joe_lyons on August 18, 2015, 05:21:46 AM
How could calculatorsoup be wrong?

Joe, Calculator Soup must have had a bad day!   It got the correct answer today!

joe_lyons