May 08, 2024, 05:52:56 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

New compensator sprocket from Rivera Primo for 2011 and up.

Started by gabbyduffy, August 09, 2015, 06:04:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glens

I find it much easier to, in this case, do:

ENTER
รท

It tells me everything I need to know at a glance.

rg2009

No speedo change needed 1st - 6th gear ratio change in programer I know Power vision  can change it I did mine love the gear change.
2011 Road glide
1 - .20210
2 - .29161
3 - .39221
4 - .48357
5 - .57124
6 - .67367

KE5RBD

I have the one for the 14 Limited.  They just started selling them in June this year.  the part number is 06-0565 and it comes with a very smooth spoke sprocket and a slip on shoe to take up difference in length of chain.  The first one they advertized for  my bike had a chain but they never shipped any of them.  They had the kit redesigned to include the snap on shoe.   I haven't installed yet, but will soon.  You can change the Power Vision and TTS to change the speedo and keep the Speedo and 6th gear working.  It is under the Gear tab on the PV on the left of screen.  It is called speedometer Calibration.  What ever number you find there assuming your speedo was right to start with just multiply that number by 1.06 and put that number in.  Mine has 2153 and the new number will be 2288.  I have done several 30 tooth pulley changes and you multiply them by 1.067 to get the correct number.  That number would be 2297.   If using the 49 tooth clutch sprocket multiply by 1.065 it would be 2293.  May be off slightly but close as you can read the speedo.  I compared mine to a Garmin and found the stock was off 2 mph fast on the 2010 I did the 30 on.  It takes about 50 points to change 2 mph.  Adding makes the speedometer read slower.  If reading 62 and you want 60 just add the 50 points.  If it reads 60 and should be 62 subtract 50.  Side note the Dealership can't change the speedometer reading either.  The SEPST won't do it either.
2019 FLHTK Hammock Seat S&S MK 45 Slip ons Street Tuner.

joe_lyons

When changing the primary ratio you only need to change the gear ratios not the speedo cal.  When changing the pulley ratio you change the speedo cal.
Powerhouse Cycle & Dyno - Performance is our passion 816-425-4901

No Cents

Joe...I've got one of these Game Changer sprockets and tensioner shoes I'm going to try.
In my TTS map I'm currently running, I was going to change the primary ratio setting from 1.36 to 1.44 and re-program that into the ECM.
This should work...shouldn't it?  :nix:

Thanks,
Ray
08 FLHX my grocery getter, 124ci, wfolarry 110" heads, Burns pipe, 158/152 sae

gabbyduffy

Quote from: No Cents on August 21, 2015, 05:50:57 AM
   Joe...I've got one of these Game Changer sprockets and tensioner shoes I'm going to try.
In my TTS map I'm currently running, I was going to change the primary ratio setting from 1.36 to 1.44 and re-program that into the ECM.

Ray did you receive the chain with your kit?  looking forward to hearing your your review on this kit............. :pop:

Thanks,
Ray
Duffy 216-633-8541 eastern time zone.

No Cents

no chain...just the sprocket and tensioner shoe.

Ray

joe_lyons

Quote from: No Cents on August 21, 2015, 05:50:57 AM

Thanks,
Ray
Yes that will work.  TTS makes the ratio change easier.

No Cents

gabbyduffy

Ray, is the Rivera game changer installed yet?............. :pop: waiting for the review.

No Cents

no...not yet.
I'm waiting on a new back tire to show up so when I put the bike up on the lift to install the Game changer I can also install a lesser tooth rear sprocket (56 tooth) onto the wheel and I've got and a new set of EBC Extreme Performance brake pads that will be going on the rear too.
  It should go up on the lift sometime this coming week.

Ray

IronMike113

Let us know if you have the a whine with that set up  versus the 49 tooth set up!
Also I wonder if it will change the speed of starting the motor and or the amount it takes to turn it over versus the 49 tooth........  :nix:
2 Bikes and 2 Beemers, that's what I have been told 😳

No Cents

I put the bike up on the lift today to install the game changer because my back tire has been feeling a little peek-ed.
I checked the comp stack height on the table and with the Game Changer I was able to lose one of the two .031" shims I put in a few weeks ago to bring it into spec.
I was installing my welded factory tensioner with the G/C shoe on it and wouldn't you know it...my primary chain had too much slack. In order to get the G/C shoe back off the tensioner you have to cut the factory shoe in half to remove it. So basically my factory tensioner ended up as junk. Fortunately old bud Randy had a factory primary tensioner over at his house that he let me have. I'll get him a replacement for the one he gave me. Anyways...I got the G/C shoe snapped on to the replacement tensioner and I mocked it up and marked the wedge to the tensioner body so I can get it welded in place tomorrow.
Here is a picture of my tire that I was feeling funny about. I can't help but wonder what caused this.  :hyst:

[attach=0]

Ray

joe_lyons

No Cents

which one Joe?
my old one or the one Randy let me have?

Ray

BVHOG

Quote from: No Cents on August 24, 2015, 04:43:27 PM
I put the bike up on the lift today to install the game changer because my back tire has been feeling a little peek-ed.
I checked the comp stack height on the table and with the Game Changer I was able to lose one of the two .031" shims I put in a few weeks ago to bring it into spec.
I was installing my welded factory tensioner with the G/C shoe on it and wouldn't you know it...my primary chain had too much slack. In order to get the G/C shoe back off the tensioner you have to cut the factory shoe in half to remove it. So basically my factory tensioner ended up as junk. Fortunately old bud Randy had a factory primary tensioner over at his house that he let me have. I'll get him a replacement for the one he gave me. Anyways...I got the G/C shoe snapped on to the replacement tensioner and I mocked it up and marked the wedge to the tensioner body so I can get it welded in place tomorrow.
Here is a picture of my tire that I was feeling funny about. I can't help but wonder what caused this.  :hyst:

[attach=0]

Ray
I wish Baker would just make their comp with one tooth less. Oh, and that tire? Need to find a smaller girlfriend, looks like the seat hold down bolt has been rubbing :teeth:
If you don't have a sense of humor you probably have no sense at all.

joe_lyons

No Cents

this is what is stamped on the side of it Joe.
It came off Randy's 2013 RG.

[attach=0]

Ray

Scooter_trash_1

Hey Guys.. Finally got some free time today to email my tune to Dynojet for the correction that enables 6th gear light and cruise after the install of this sprocket.. Roy Hartman got it done and back to me within an hour, works great!.. Kudos my friend.  He also told me FYI that the speedo correction is only that.. any changes in the primary gearing will affect the the 6th gear light and criuse. and change calibration for speedo.  Changes to trans sprocket ie , 31 or 30 tooth, will not affect the afformentioned but you will have to calibrate speedo which is easily done in the program using WinPV.. By the way Ive used mine for a week and havent noticed any changes in noise or starting harder, all positives in this gearing change..
I am Pro Freedom..Pro Second Amendment..

joe_lyons

Quote from: No Cents on August 25, 2015, 05:20:52 AM
this is what is stamped on the side of it Joe.
It came off Randy's 2013 RG.

[attach=0]

Ray
Ive had good luck with those not ratcheting too tight.  The 06 and 06a are a different story.

No Cents

Joe...I wasn't willing to take the chance of it over tightening.
Here it is welded up and installed with the Game Changer sprocket and shoe.

[attach=0]

Ray

Scooter_trash_1

Lookin good Ray!  You'll like it. Is that GMR's comp oiler tray?
I am Pro Freedom..Pro Second Amendment..

No Cents

yes...that's their older CompensaVer.
I'm very pleased with it!
No more fretting issues since I've ran it.

Ray

euchre98

I like the idea of welding the adjuster. Whats the long term plan for when the chain needs to be tightened? Cut the weld and reweld?

Has anyone used this new comp sprocket with the Baker adjuster?

gabbyduffy

I've used the Maxlok glue that harley supplied to glue on the pastic tray in the primary to glue the tensioner from over ratcheting. It really worked great and if I wanted to readjust it all I did was heat up the tensioner with a torch and the glue separated. No welding and no grinding..........  :wink: