May 03, 2024, 11:04:00 AM

News:

jackshaft coupling= installation?

Started by someday69, March 31, 2009, 01:03:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

someday69

the book talks about placeing the jackshaft coupling with the counter bore and shallow side towards the jack shaft(which would be towards the inner primary)-but I had writen myself a note to place it with the beveled edge towards the starter..and I did just that...Then after putting it all,,and I do mean all togeather....I read in the book about the shallow side/couterbore side is suppose to be pointed the other way- I got caught up in this the last time I did this,,and had to pull the inner primary just to figure this out.... 
     Is there a beveled edge on one side and a counter bore on the other???--I hope so...
                            Thanks

Billy

you got it right, the beveled end goes inboard toward the starter motor.
Lazyness is the Mother of Invention

HD WOLF

There is a C clip inside the coupling thats where the shallow side comes in. the clip is not in the center of the coupling [inside] one end is deeper than the other :soda:
R P

someday69

Thanks SOoo much you guys,,,I already had to take off the inner primary after just putting it on, which means clean off all the sealant off the back side, then lay down new bead of sealant,,,,I had put on a new shifter shaft,,but did'nt pay attention to the angle it was at...So of course I put it on so it "just hit the inside of inner primary"...well then I put it back,,and the compensator/clutch/pri-chain--and cover .....When I read in the S.Man. about the shallow end/counter bore,,,,,which sounded alot like the "beveled edge"......
                 Well I'm going down to Harry's h.d. shop (vallejo),to get a new tire put on my wheel,(give'in him a packet of dyna'beads to pour into the tire),I'm change'in the pulley so I left it off..maybe that'll make it easyer...
                      If all goes well I'll have a new allballs 1.4 starter,(decided to hold off on the rivera 84 tooth ring gear,I'll keep it on the side for now),,New belt,and front/rear pulleys,(baker steel rear/oem front),new shifter shaft,,new rear lyndel brake pads,(I did the floss trick on the caliper pistons)...
             Now the labor was 5 to 6 hours on this(ok it took me four days) but "IF" I did it right,,it will make me a happy camper....someday..