May 03, 2024, 03:08:35 PM

News:

First ride of the season

Started by truck, March 31, 2009, 12:12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

truck

Just got back from the first ride of the season, just a short one, around the block, about 3 miles. Felt good.
It's like an obstacle course trying to avoid all the pot holes and gravel.
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

ceduby

Went out last Sun. to add miles to the fresh top. Looked like a nice spring afternoon, got about 15 miles out and felt a couple of rain drops, looked over towards the mountains and it did not look good. Got nailed by rain and wind all the way home, (wasn't dressed for it either) As soon as I got into my driveway, the clouds parted and the sun came out, (I swear it's true), roads dry in about 20 min. Didn't rain the rest of the day. I guess the rain Gods had a nice little chuckle.
Beat it to fit, paint it to match

Dennis The Menace

Barry, glad you made it out.  Been a long winter for many here...I cannot imagine how one can go months without a ride.  I would go postal!

menace

Solarflare10

Still waiting for the ice to melt off the driveway. Had my Bobcat (skidsteer loader) out yesterday trying to get it scraped down to pavement sooner.

Hossamania

My wife thinks I'm nuts when I break the bike out in the middle of winter for a ride. I call my friends but they never want to go with! If I didn't ride at least a couple times during winter I'd go goofy-goofier.
It's rather fun riding past the ice fisherman and the Christmas decorations! Bike gets a little salty but it washes.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

TwistedSister

Good  deal  truck !!!!    :up:
I'll  be  riding  Saturday. . .   but  it'll  be  on the  lawn  tractor. . . grass  is  gettin'  outta  control !!!
Drinking doesn't cause hangovers... waking up  does...
TS
SW Arkisaw USN RET

Hossamania

Grass?? Won't be cutting that for probably 4-6 weeks!
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

marc

Yeah...My first ride since early November was last Saturday...Sure felt good to hit the road again...

Biscuit

Good for you!   Riding is therapy for the soul.
"I do all my own stunts".