May 02, 2024, 01:52:12 AM

News:

Dunlop WWW tires

Started by fourthgear, April 01, 2009, 09:40:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fourthgear

I have a 03 Ultra & its got Dunlop 402's WWW and in the WW it also reads "Harley Davidson'. I know that replacement Dunlops have Harley Davidson on the tire , but I don't see it on or should I say, in the WW itself . Is this a HD only tire or not made any more like that or what . I would like to keep this same kind of tire ,just me . I bought it last year with 18K , so I don't think they are the OEM tires .Any ideas, gentlemen .

Princess Butt

I think you have to get it from an HD dealer to get a tire which says Harley-Davidson.

Otherwise, it's just a Dunlop 402 Tire. Just like any other Dunlop 402.

Do not use the Dunlop 404 tire. It's not a very good tire, especially for a bagger.

BnEUC
Shiny side up, rubber side down.

ceduby

Don't know about the WWW tires but I just purchased a 401 from Dennis Kirk and the tire has Harley Davidson on it. Might be worth a call to them
Beat it to fit, paint it to match

truck

I get my black 402's from Ron Ayres and they are branded H-D.
At least the last one I got was, but before that I don't think they said H-D on them. Not sure.
I look at the date code more than anything else.
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

texaskatfish

Quote from: trück on April 01, 2009, 10:56:26 AM
I get my black 402's from Ron Ayres and they are branded H-D.
At least the last one I got was, but before that I don't think they said H-D on them. Not sure.
I look at the date code more than anything else.

AaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaMEN Truck!

Heck I don't care if the tire has SUZUKI stamped on the sidewall as long as it's a 'fresh' tire.
Katfish  Vice President   Cypress Chapter BACA
RIP Jester http://bacaworld.org/

Pumba11

Quote from: fourthgear on April 01, 2009, 09:40:12 AM
I have a 03 Ultra & its got Dunlop 402's WWW and in the WW it also reads "Harley Davidson'. I know that replacement Dunlops have Harley Davidson on the tire , but I don't see it on or should I say, in the WW itself . Is this a HD only tire or not made any more like that or what . I would like to keep this same kind of tire ,just me . I bought it last year with 18K , so I don't think they are the OEM tires .Any ideas, gentlemen .

Go to the dealership and ask for the "engraved" HD WWW tire.  This has "Harley Davidson" in the white wall.

cyrus

EngravedRR Dunlop® D402 MT90B16 Wide Whitewall with Engraved Harley-Davidson® Logo - 16" Rear
43125-94A

EngravedFRDunlop® D402F MT90B16 Wide Whitewall with Engraved Harley-Davidson® Logo - 16" Front
43124-94A

Note the rear is only a MT90 not the higher load rated MU85 that probaly was stock on your Ultra.
But the engraved WWW look really really good. They are only about $8 more. I got mine from Jenny
Cyrus in Halifax, NS

L-

I never buy white walls as they are a three piece tread.  Black walls are just a single piece of tread.

fourthgear

Engraved, now I would of never thought of that one . I knew they were diff. from the run of the mill ones . Like I said its just me ,but I like the way it looks. Thanks for the info.

fourthgear

I think I will be buying them with out the engraving . I was told today that even with 25 % off they would be 246.00 installed each and if I just bought the tire , no discount & it would be 280.00 plus 80.00 to install it on the rim, each . Nuts ,I can get both tires for 260.00 plus shipping & put them on my self ,Put them on my Pans , why not the Ultra . They just won't have the engraved HD in the WW , Damn that's sucks , I should post this in the other thread about tire changing.
80.00 to put a tire on a rim  :wtf:

cyrus

They should be 150 and 170 dollars. If you order from jenni or Zannoti you may pay another $40 shipping. Normally costs about $20 for install and balance each at a motorcycle shop.
Cyrus in Halifax, NS

Nebraskarider1

Blackwall HD branded front from my Yamaha/Suzuki dealer was only 117 with tax and another 29 to mount and balance off bike and only 40 on bike. I don't think they were that much higher for a www. I could have gotten it from Ron Ayers for 103 with shipping but they would have charged the difference to mount it then.  My Harley dealer can't even come close to that they were closer to your Florida price. I guess around here they don't care if they sold it to you they are glad to sell parts to you. This is pretty much useless information for you but just wanted to share my recent tire experience.

stro1965

Quote from: Nebraskarider1 on April 04, 2009, 11:02:55 AM
Blackwall HD branded front from my Yamaha/Suzuki dealer was only 117 with tax and another 29 to mount and balance off bike and only 40 on bike.

Is that in the Omaha area? 

fourthgear

QuoteIf you order from jenni or Zannoti
Are they HD dealers or a Private shop ? Web sights ?
Thanks.

Panzer

WW=white-wall, what does the other "W" stand for?

Wide?

Just asking, really not sure.
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

Ed V

PoorUB

Quote from: fourthgear on April 04, 2009, 11:54:53 AM
QuoteIf you order from jenni or Zannoti
Are they HD dealers or a Private shop ? Web sights ?
Thanks.

I have bought from them and will again.
https://www.zanottimotor.com/

To check prices,
https://www.zanottimotor.com/shopping/pLookUp.php

43125-94A $176
43124-94A $148
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

Panzer

Thx ED V, really wasn't sure.
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

Paniolo

Back in my WWW days I started out with the Dunlops. I ran the H-D Engraved one up front because it is clearly visible, and a regular Dunlop WWW out back because no one can really see the engraving on it with the fat fender and bags. The only thing I did NOT like about the Dunlop WWW is that I found it to be more off an "off white" color, almost with a slight yellow tinge. I found the Metzler and Avon WWW to be a lot brighter and whiter. But then again it's not an issue if you don't wipe them down after every ride.

Yup, I got tired of cleaning them and now run blackwall Dunlop E3s.
Life can only be lived in the present moment.

rking1550

Yup, I got tired of cleaning them and now run blackwall Dunlop E3s.  :up:  :up:

love the E3s 600 miles on my first set and they will be the ones I buy next time too.
I do like the look of the www better IF they are clean, but a black wall is better than a dirty www.
124"@ 11.1 to 1, T-man 662-2, T-man thumper, woods CV 51 carb,  Bassini RR