April 27, 2024, 08:12:40 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

looking for old sportsters

Started by dr evo1, September 06, 2015, 05:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dr evo1

im looking for old sportys-- 1952-1956 Ks 1957 XL or 1958-1969 XLH or XLCH

don't care if it is all there, runs or not. the frame must be stock the cases must have matching numbers with title. also looking for parts for these bikes.

im looking to restore the old sportys and they are harder and harder to find. most of them have been chopperized . I'm not looking for bikes that have been restored.  I have a lot of shovel and evo parts to trade also. I have a 165 hummer tank and fenders and tube type forks. fenders have a few dings but no rust.   please let me know if you or you know someone that has any of this stuff not looking to pay retail. thanks.

nibroc

Racepres

I think it may be helpful if you posted your location...The US is a fairly large neighborhood!

garyajaz

Quote from: nibroc on September 06, 2015, 06:50:01 PM
good luck
:hyst:

I agree,

lets see now.
you want vintage sporties, original frames and cases, titled,
for little money.

SOCS

As long as we are making wishes.... I want a  non hacked WLA

dr evo1

I live in Florida part time and south Dakota part time. I would travel any place for the right stuff. love road trips.

Racepres

Quote from: dr evo1 on September 08, 2015, 05:11:06 PM
I live in Florida part time and south Dakota part time. I would travel any place for the right stuff. love road trips.
Thanks for that...
Don't got anything that old just now...But, They are available here....I'll Let ya Know as "Potty mouth" becomes available....

dr evo1

if I found a set of cases with bad numbers they wouldn't do me any good to restore a bike with them. if they were clean and matching numbers it might be possible to trace down the title. thanks

dr evo1

if you read my post. I do want stock frames, cases that haven't  had numbers screwed up. I can do title search. and old parts. I don't plan on finding cherry old XLs cheep I said I didn't want any that had been restored and pay retail. there are plenty of old oem parts out there. just looking for a little help.

Maglin

Best of luck.  If you find one its going to be pricy. I also want a magneto bike but can't afford one atm.

One4Tone

..it's strange as motorcycles  became modernized and became so reliable that anyone can own and ride without even a monkey wrench. Now they are devalued due to economy, and the production numbers. Seems like the older motorcycles have so much class and take us back when life was simple, we didn't have to be computer gurus to tune them up  and a "map" was a large paper that illustrated the roads and highways. :smiled:

dr evo1

I have 3 sportster mags and one custom joe hunt  for pan or shovel.

calif phil

chopper

Surprisingly, I DO see a few come up for sale around me. (Michigan) and prices aren't too terrible either.. If I see anymore, I'll post
Got a case of dynamite, I could hold out here all night

chopper

Local guy has a 73 basket for 1000...

joes bar and grill

I have a complete running 79 IH in a chopper frame with title, I will sell the motor only , give me an offer

chopper

Just found a very clean, nearly stock 1971 for 2300

ihrescue

Quote from: One4Tone on October 04, 2015, 10:48:09 AM
..it's strange as motorcycles  became modernized and became so reliable that anyone can own and ride without even a monkey wrench.

Excellent comment. I mostly buy and rebuild the old Sportster because I enjoy it, it would be nice to get some semblance of profit out of work and materials invested.

Mike