May 08, 2024, 02:40:27 PM

News:

Ultima ignition

Started by 1997flht, April 02, 2009, 08:36:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1997flht

Hi group, Installing a single fire Ultima on my 1997 flht. The instructions tell ya to remove the voes wire and hook up the violet wire. If i un-plugg the voes wire and do what they say, how does the voes work with only 1 wire hooked up [no ground ] or do all these connections happen at the original module connection on the frame. Either these instructions are difficult to understand, or I did too much partying in the 70's. Enjoy the day....Thanks

gryphon

I don't have my old instruction sheet in front of me but I seem to recall that Ultima recommended against using the VOES switch.

baldoldfxr

My VOES is grounded via a short wire to its fixing bolt, it does need an earth to work, if yours isnt like mine then i guess you have to work out which wire is earth & connect the violet to the other one, ultima dont reccomend using the voes on their engines, I haven't used one on mine (80"evo) but I'm guessing most people with reasonably stock engines do.

Hybredhog

As said before the VOES has 2 wires coming out of it, one purple, & one is grounded (doesn't matter which side), as all it does is complete a circut to tell the ign. module to go into a more advanced curve for better milage. the reason ultima doesn't want any VOES influence, is because they run a Very retarded short curve (see instructions #4 curve), due to a good combustion chamber & squash, and a secondary advanced curve would bring out pinging in heavier bikes, not what you want when you sell creat motors.
'01 FXDXT, '99 FXDL/XRD, '76 FLH

1997flht

Now my brain is working better, 1 wire to the voes[violet], ground the other voes wire. Thanks for everyone's help