April 30, 2024, 03:43:12 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

HK Radio died!!!

Started by roaddog, September 28, 2015, 09:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roaddog

I have a 2011 RGU and my HK stereo died yesterday. There is nothing, no sound, blank screen, like there is no power at all. Fuses are good. From what I have read I think it is probably toast.
I found a used unit here locally out of a CVO. It comes with the IPOD interface, amp and six speakers. It is a decent price. My question is will this be a plug and play deal or is there any upgrades, such as a dealer reflash, required?
Thanks

tdgriff

:hug:what year is the cvo?

Coyote

It will work but you may want to consider sending yours to Iron Cross Audio for repair. The repair cost will be less and they will beef up the weak areas when they do the repair. 

http://www.ironcrossaudio.com/

roaddog

Problem with sending it to Iron Cross is I am in Canada, by the time I take into account the shipping and the exchange rate I would be into the repair for a couple hundred more than I can get the CVO unit for.

tdgriff

Quote from: roaddog on September 28, 2015, 01:34:38 PM
Problem with sending it to Iron Cross is I am in Canada, by the time I take into account the shipping and the exchange rate I would be into the repair for a couple hundred more than I can get the CVO unit for.
That makes sense . I would go with your gut feeling .