May 09, 2024, 03:26:19 PM

News:

J&M Rokker

Started by Deye76, September 28, 2015, 02:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deye76

Anyone have experience with this kit?
http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=RXEK-330SP2-15RG

Can't hear music above 50 mph with the stock equipment (2015 RGS) and I won't put speakers in the saddle bag lids.
Thanks
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

Coyote

IMO there are so many other choices that will give you more for less.

tdgriff

Quote from: Coyote on September 28, 2015, 03:05:33 PM
I agree 100% well said my friend

FlaHeatWave

'Have the (older) Rokkers in the '09 SERG, along with Rokker XTs in the lowers, 500x4 J&M amp, very happy, >2years, no issues, sounds great around 90...

I like the fact that all the J&M stuff is plug n play with all the wiring included.
'01 FXDWG2 Red 103/6sp  '05 FLHTCSE2 Cherry  '09 FLTRSE3 Yellow 117/DD7

Deye76

What would you suggest/you use? Thanks
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

tdgriff

Quote from: Deye76 on September 29, 2015, 09:49:44 AM

look into Biketronix , infinitely , kicker . I think you will be alot more happy with one of those options. Call Bill at Biketronix and he will walk you threw everything.

Nebraskarider1

My RG came with the 7" Rokkers in the fairing but the guy didn't install an amp with them, they sound ok but not nearly as clean as the Boom HD speakers in my Ultra do, also with no amp. Maybe with an amp they would sound a lot better, but for me I am just gonna replace them with what I know works for my level of volume

Coyote

Looks like Biketronics is having a sale now if you are still looking.

Smarty

I put the J&M Extreme Rokkers in my 16 RGS and I could not be more happy. 75 mph and tunes are cranking and even my wife on the back hears it fine with just the two front speakers. Easiest install every on an amp and speakers.
Suspended by Smarty
Carol Burks

Bertk

Check out the 2015 and Up RG BT2180 Amp & Speaker Package from Biketronics and save almost $400.00 with coupon code HTT. Oh, and lifetime warranty.
Ride Safe, Bert
2015 FLHTK & 2008 FLHX

Durwood

Quote from: Deye76 on September 28, 2015, 02:54:02 PM
Anyone have experience with this kit?
http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=RXEK-330SP2-15RG

Can't hear music above 50 mph with the stock equipment (2015 RGS) and I won't put speakers in the saddle bag lids.
Thanks
John, rredneckn2 aka Rick, installed the Biketronics set up on his Street glide and says he has to watch the tach to see if his engine is running at 75 with the stereo turned up and he's running a RB Racing 2-1...It's pricey but effective.

Daren

shagyluke

Do your homework and you will find that there is a lot better options for you. I had never worked on any audio before I tackled my install on my 2015 RGS. I couldn't believe how easily everything came together. Check the link

http://harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php/topic,80359.msg897281.html#msg897281

Good luck

AV
"I say Grace, and I say Ma'am, If you aint in to that I don't give a damn.

CVOThunder

Went with the J&M Rokkers a few years ago in the fairing and passenger pods on my 2011 CVO Ultra. No upgraded amp so hard to hear them above the Rinehart 3.5" trueduals.
Looking into BT amps but not sure about keeping integration with the stock system beyond the amp. I think the J&M's are 2 ohm and the BT's look to be 4 ohm. Hope I can reuse the J&M's with one of Bill's amps but we'll see.

At the same time I need to get rid of the trueduals and install the Fullsac system that's been sitting on my shelf for 3 years now. Never enough time with a short vacation taking all of my time.

Adding a 2015 RGS to the stable after the paperwork gets ironed out and since there aren't any intercom and CB interface problems then I can just go with the 2180 or 4180 amp and speakers. I asked Bill all of this in a PM, I guess this post is kind of a lead in if he wants to post something up. Current idea is just going with the 2 fairing speakers but I might do lowers later on down the road.

Thanks.
Photons by the bag. Gravitons not  shipped outside the US.

IronMike113

Quote from: Deye76 on September 29, 2015, 09:49:44 AM

BikeTronics you not be Disappointed.........  :wink:
2 Bikes and 2 Beemers, that's what I have been told 😳

dforeid

2019 RG - Vivid Black CFR Slipons, Arlen Ness Stretch Bags, Ohlin HD159s