April 28, 2024, 02:35:12 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Passing tech inspec at TT nights

Started by hrdtail78, September 30, 2015, 02:51:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hrdtail78

September 30, 2015, 02:51:38 PM Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 05:23:23 PM by hrdtail78
Thought it might be nice to have real world input and data base for the different tracks.  My home track is Gateway but there is a new one a bit down south.  A couple over in Mo, and even the one in Springfield is only about 1.5 hrs away.  All seem to have TT on different days of the week. 

This is for street bikes that are taken to the track.  I understand they are all a bit different and depend on the inspectors interpolation and such.  Hoping to get a good heads up if I decide to go down to Benton for example.

Gateway:  http://www.gatewaymsp.com/racers/#.Vgx8h-9dFgU

I went and got through Tech with Jeans and harness boots.  Leather gloves (very plain), and coat.  Snell90 bandit helmet.  Bike is 09 FLHX set up with factory controls and kill switch and Yaffee 16 inch apes.  My breathers go to ground with out filter or catch can.

I got a finger wag but passed.  I went back with everything the same but helmet.  It wasn't snell but ECE and passed.

Hopefully we can keep this just an track info thread.
Semper Fi

Jonny Cash

September 30, 2015, 03:17:03 PM #1 Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 03:19:40 PM by JONNY CASH
Two local tracks for me , I-57 in Benton Il, and Accelaquarter Raceway in Harrisburg.  Despite the latters name, both are 1/8 mile.  I ran T/T at I-57 last week.  Its Friday nights, $5 to get in and $5 for a tech card.  you can run as many passes as you want, I made 4.

Harrisburg is done with T/T for the season, but still running its regular program on Sundays.

Basically same tech for both, gloves,helmet, and jacket.  If you are quicker than 6.99 they start looking at kill switches.  I have Snell rated helmet, and I wore my BMW Rally 2 Pro jacket with ECE armor.   They were fine with it, although some places insist on leather. 

Both tracks have facebook pages to keep up with schedules.  Its always good to check before going, Benton has Jegs series race this weekend, no T/T.  Harrisburg footbrake shootout, but is running regular ET bike class.
Accurate information is expensive, rare and difficult to find!

2006FXDCI

Closest track to me is Pittsburgh speedway in New Alexandria PA . Formerly known as Keystone speedway . http://www.pittsburghracewaypark.com/contact_us.php  You are required to wear a helmet , jacket , boots and gloves . Just a visual on my bike , 2005 electra glide externally vented . I ran test and tune a month ago and had a blast ! Went back 2 weeks ago on my dyna and got rained out . Not sure if they get picky when you start going fast . I ran a 12.4 at 111 and never got a warning . I looked at the drag sport bikes that were running and they had tethered kill switchs and the guys wore full leather suits . The guys who worked at the track explained everything to me , even walked me down the track to show me the lights and how they worked . Great people ! The best advice given to me that night was from an older guy in his late 60's . He was riding a stretched swingarm zx-14 that did high 8's ! He said when you stage look ONLY at the last yellow , when it lights up drop the hammer ! I cut a .060 light the first race and a .020 the second race . I was real happy with that ! Also wanna say thanks to a guy who answers every dumb text I send about racing or engines ,anytime of the day or night Thanks JLK
2006 Super glide 107" , 2005 electra glide 124"

Barrett

"He said when you stage look ONLY at the last yellow" I leave when I think it's about to come on.. It's only 1/8th mile around here but it's still a lot of fun.