April 30, 2024, 03:51:36 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

1948 panhead

Started by wreck74, October 11, 2015, 06:54:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wreck74

I found this and thought someone on here might want a winter project.

http://saltlakecity.craigslist.org/bar/5262273853.html

sandrooney

I already bought it. I will pick it up Thursday.
Patience is such a waste of time .

Brrrap

82nd ABN INF B.Co.1st 508th '78-81<br />1923rd Comm Group, ATC, Kelly AFB '82-86

HogMike

FYI
Just a bit of trivia,
I had a stock 1949 with springer and Knuckle sheet metal, yes, I also had the dealer order form that allowed you to order the bike that way.
Seems most folks liked that setup for a sidecar better than the tube forks.
:missed:
HOGMIKE
SoCal

HogMike

Quote from: HOGMIKE on October 21, 2015, 08:11:01 AM
FYI
Just a bit of trivia,
I had a stock 1949 with springer and Knuckle sheet metal, yes, I also had the dealer order form that allowed you to order the bike that way.
Seems most folks liked that setup for a sidecar better than the tube forks.
Got a pic here somewhere if I can find it!
HOGMIKE
SoCal

sandrooney

moose

still working on building my 50 here is a picture of how it was when i got it before total disassembly

it was in this guys garage since 1964 when he finished school and sat there till I bought it from his wife about 5 years ago
Moose aka Glenn-

HogMike

Quote from: sandrooney on October 22, 2015, 03:30:57 AM
A pic would be cool.

I found an old magazine cover with a pic of the bike up on the sign before they had to take it down.
This was the condition when I got it but, the cases were 1949 and the dealer had all the sheet metal and parts to restore it. Hardest part was finding the SS fender trip strips, but he had everything stashed away!
HOGMIKE
SoCal

sandrooney

Got home with it last night. It was well worth the 1000 mile round trip. I will post pics as soon as I get it unloaded.

sandrooney

Bangkok BOB

Nice bike. I notice you have front wheel rings on it. If you don't want to run them I'm chasing some for my 63 duo.
Enjoy your Pan, I do.
Regards B.B.