What's the bore diameter on Brembo clutch master cylinder

Started by gryphon, October 24, 2015, 11:26:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gryphon

FSG

Touted as being 5/8" (by myself included) it's actually 15mm

gryphon

Baker claims that their hydraulic clutch cover is designed to work with stock HD 11/16" bore master cylinder. So... I'm guessing then that 11/16" is the earlier HD master. I really don't want to go back to the earlier style.

FSG

:cry:   my bad, the info I posted is for the Brembo Brake MC,  NOT the Clutch, sorry.  No coffee yet this AM.

gryphon

I have been able to find nothing regarding the brembo clutch bore diameter. My local dealer can only look in his parts book and tell me he doesn't know. I called Baker because I want to run their clutch side cover and all they can tell me is that it's designed for an 11/16" bore but they have no idea if it will work with the Brembo clutch master cylinder. I used to run the earlier style square master and had no problems when I switched to the brembo's but I don't want this to end up being a several hundred dollar project just because I didn't have the correct info so, if anyne has any idea of the bore i'd sure appreciate hearing from you. I think my only other option would be to order a rebuild kit and measure the darn piston.

14GuineaPig

This is the manufacturer of the 2014 - 15 clutch master cylinder

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/cs/jaxrs/download/doc/UCM476275/RCLRPT-15V216-1092.PDF?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000618

Supplier Identification :
Component Manufacturer
Name : Hayes Brake Performance Systems, Inc.
Address : 5800 West Donges Bay Road
Mequon WISCONSIN 53092

PoorUB

You would think with the recalls on the master cylinder it would not be very hard to find a rebuild kit to measure.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

gryphon

My bad. I put this master cylinder on there just about the same year they first went to the Brembo's which was some time before 2014. So I'm guessing at least 4 or 5 years ago. Maybe longer than that.