May 09, 2024, 03:21:54 PM

News:

Which CD to use

Started by truck, November 02, 2015, 05:51:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

truck

I want to burn my own audio CD from You Tube videos. Which type CD will work in a 2013 Ford factory installed unit. I tried using a DVD-R and burned it in an MP3 format but the player spits it back out. The disk does work in two other computers.
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

Pete_Vit

Not a Ford but I had some music DVD's in MP3 format I ripped to my hard drive and burned audio CD's CD-R in MP3 format on my 2011 Chevy  :unsure:
93 XLH1200 - 96 FXSTS - 2010 Ultra Glide Classic
www.facebook.com/harleypartsch

truck

I'll try that next. OFF TO THE CD STORE!!

truck

That didn't work either. I rip it then convert it to MP3 then burn it so it can be used in CD players, still spits the disk out. Store bought disks work OK.

Coyote

Look in your owners manual and see if it will even play PC format MP3s.

truck

There is no mention of PC format. It says it has to be .mp3 file extension (which it is) and it will work in the car and home computers.

Coyote

If it says MP3 then it will take a PC formatted CD.  You need to be using a CDR only.  Not a CDRW or DVD anything. Once you write the files to the CD, you may need to Finalize it so the radio can read the directory. 

truck

It is a CD-R and it finalizes before it ejects. Is there a step I'm missing between the time the burn ends and I press the eject button?

Coyote

Most PCs now days do not finalize automatically AFAIK. You have to tell it to do this. Once done, you can't create another session writing to the CD. You might want to check and make sure.   :nix:

Does the radio have a USB/Mem card connection? Much easier

truck

I thought it was finalizing, must be something else it was doing. I don't see any prompts to finalize, I'll look into it now though. No place to plug anything into the radio that I can see.
Thanks for the pointers.

Coyote

Barry, once you have the files written, try a right click on the Drive and see if that's offered. Or just Google the win version you have and finalize.

ΚĜΗΟŜΤ

You may also want to look at the tools tab for your media program,

if it is windows media, find TOOLS, if not visible right click near the top of the window, select OPTIONS

A window should open with many tabs to choose from,

first select RIP MUSIC, Then in the drop down box in the middle select MP3, Then at the bottom select BEST QUALITY  (320kbps)and slide the bar all the way to the right.

Make sure the "copy protected music" box is NOT checked!!

click APPLY

If you have a dvd with Youtube videos/music on them and are simply trying to convert to MP3, I don't believe it will work.

I have made youtube videos into mp3's from the youtube web site and I use one of these two web pages that convert the yourtube to mp3 for free,

http://www.youtube-mp3.org/

or this

http://www.onlinevideoconverter.com/video-converter?v=YtRgnudCxaQ

One will convert an entire 2 hour concert of live music........

Simply save it to your desktop and the burn it to a cd
Member since 2004

Pete_Vit

Quote from: truck on November 02, 2015, 01:41:03 PM
That didn't work either. I rip it then convert it to MP3 then burn it so it can be used in CD players, still spits the disk out. Store bought disks work OK.
that's strange, I assume your using windows media player, I never did have to convert since the music on the DVD's I had were MP3, and my Burn option is set to burn as MP3. best quality, you may what to check your options, sorry 'bout that

Pete_Vit

Truck, everything you said leads me to believe your using a tool to burn a DVD, I don't remember ever having to 'finalize' using Window Media player, unless my options are setup to auotmagically finalize and eject
check your RIP options, you may have to RIP as MP3  :scratch: I think you said they were *.MP3 but its worth checking

truck

I have to spend more time trying to figure this out, so far it's been click on something and get lucky. I know there is a Windows Media Player app, I'll have to look for it and get it out in the open where I can use it.
Right now I should be working on a Medicare supplement. :crook:

truck

OK! I made one that works. Thanks all, for the help.

FSG

Barry, I use BurnAware Free to burn whatever,  http://www.burnaware.com/

Pete_Vit