April 30, 2024, 02:34:38 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

1952 Cam Cover

Started by JamLazyAss, November 03, 2015, 06:56:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamLazyAss

Which version cam cover is correct for a 1952 Pan?
I have a four rib on mine, but I think it's a later version.
I'm not a proctologist, but I know an asshole when I see one...

FSG

It should be the 8 Rib Cover P/N 25216-48 , the 4 Rib Cover is P/N 25216-58, the changeover taking place around 1953.

Note: There were some slight differences between a early -48 cover and a late -48 cover, it had to do with oiling, etc, but I don't know enough about Pans to comment further.

Perhaps Craig will see the thread.

CraigArizona85248

You pretty much nailed it, FSG. The eight rib cover is correct for 1952. I've heard a lot of conflicting info on when they went to the four rib cover. Some say 1953 and others 1954. The only difference I can recall in the eight rib cover is that some of the very early 1948 covers were originally planned to be used in knucks. So they had been drilled for the oil supply line at the boss at the back of the cover near the oil pump. The pan doesn't use the oil supply port so they pressed in a steel plug where the cover had been drilled. They didn't throw much away in those days.:)

-craig

BBQBIKER

Here's the 8 rib on my correct ?? 52' motor
BBQBIKER sends

JamLazyAss

Thanks guys.
That's pretty much what I was thinking.

Now where to get one is the next thing. Nothing on eBay.

BBQBIKER

Just got my 52 cam cover de-chromed.

BBQBIKER sends

JamLazyAss

Brrrap

82nd ABN INF B.Co.1st 508th '78-81<br />1923rd Comm Group, ATC, Kelly AFB '82-86

CraigArizona85248

That cover looks great in natural aluminum.   :up: