May 01, 2024, 06:50:14 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

03ROADKING VIBRATION?

Started by starrider, April 03, 2009, 09:17:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

starrider

HI Guys!

Well...just came in from my routine night ride...on the RK. What i thought was a front fork problem...as it would rattle over a slight bump may be something else. While on tonights ride...the vibration was getting worse...thought my front wheel was going to fall off. Gentlly riding home ...pulled into the garage...with the engine still running...the VIBRATION WAS BAD even after parked on the jiffy stand....Hmmmm.....what do you think...bad or loose motor mount???

Your opinions appreciated ...THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Big Dan

Sounds reasonable to me. A bad front mount will make that motor shake like a hound dog poopin' a peach pit.

I like to use the Buell mount. The original number for the H-D mount was 16207-79b. H-D revised it to 16207-79c, and finally to 16207-79d. Retail is $67.48.

The Buell part number is L0501.2, retails for $46.50, and is the exact same mount as 16207-79b. In fact, the last one we bought (about a month ago) had 16207-79b stamped right in it.

Best of luck in your fix.
Never follow the Hippo into the water.

starrider

Big Dan

Don't thank me, I just passed along what I learned here.
Never follow the Hippo into the water.

RK101

On and 03 I'm suprised it lasted this long. My 04 I changed a least over a year and a half ago. I might be in the minority here but I like the newer mount. I feel like the motor is more a part of the bike and handles better in the turns. I guess it could be my imagination but that's just the way it feels to me. JMHO.
Do not take life too seriously.  You will never get out of it alive.  ~Elbert H

Clintster

I'm liking the C mount, it has held up and does a good job on the vibration.  I think I tightened a little more than spec though, like 5 ft-lbs.  Your results may vary however...
Drive fast, take chances

starrider

Clintster

Drive fast, take chances