May 02, 2024, 04:55:21 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Chromer ?

Started by BanditLoon2003, April 04, 2009, 05:33:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanditLoon2003

Has anyone used Impress Plating & Polishing from E-Bay for chrome wheels, I'm putting my 2003 FLHT back together and would like to exchange for chrome wheels and lower legs.  Any info would be appreciated.  Thanks Bandit

BanditLoon2003

I'm surprised !  First time I have not gotten any info on a question. I'm sure someone has there parts chromed,I'm looking for any negative input on this e-bay company otherwise I'm goning to order tomorrow and let everyone know how it turns out. Thanks all    Bandit  :up:

harleydave51

Check their feedback
WTF, Run amuk
89 FXRS
MASShole

BanditLoon2003

All there feedback is A-OK, just wanted any feedback from you guys. And if I here no negative info I'll try them which would be a first for me on this kind of dealing. Thanks Bandit

silvercab996

be aware that a poorly chromed or processed part is usually ruined forever. I've seen a lot of them.

milemaker

I had my stock 9 spoke mag wheels done at Gene’s Plating in LA, Cali.
They spun the lugs off and plated them.
A guy I know that does imersion plating for where I work recomended them and I was very happy with the work.
I have had them on my Road King for 3 years now and just today I washed the bike up and they still look great.
No pits, No rust, No scratches or peeling.
Just like the day I pulled them out of the boxes they where shipped back.
I also had the pulley done to finish the job out.
I dont know if they have a exchange program as I just had mine done and returned to me.
Didnt take that long. I think with shipping time it took a couple weeks.
I am very happy with them.
Good Luck,
Sam
milemaker@aol.com
Sam - 02 Road King
Milemaker@aol.com

bigblock6912

milemaker: which gene's did you use? the one on union?

bouncingVman

Bandit,

Not sure if this is along the same lines as what you were thinking about... but I've been intersted in trying some of these kits...

http://www.caswellplating.com/kits/

-todd
"Todd"
(Northern Iowa; United States)

Milehog

All I can offer is a warning. Beware High Lustre Chrome Plating.
Proud IBA member

milemaker

Big Block,
Yes thats the one.
Sam - 02 Road King
Milemaker@aol.com

BanditLoon2003

Thanks for the input on my question!  I will be giving them a call tomorrow and probably ordering. They have a good rating as far as feedback goes and I've been watching them since my accident last Sept with this in mind once I healed up and rebuilt the bike so I'll keep everyone informed on this.  Thanks Bandit :smiled: