Let's talk Harley/Buell parts interchangeability....

Started by Big Dan, April 04, 2009, 12:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Dan

In the thread entitled 03ROADKING VIBRATION I pointed out the interchangeability of the Buell front motor mount with that of the regular H-D mount, with the Buell piece being a lot less money. I learned about that here. I didn't come up with it on my own.

I've also used Buell ignition modules on a couple of Evo Softails. Again, the Buell piece was way less money (less than half in this case), and I believe the rev limiter is set higher. I never could find the limiter with my Evo, and I flogged that thing mercilessly. I learned that one from an old friend that worked at Buell.

I'm guessing there must be a lot of other parts that can be bought in a Buell box for less money, and possibly even be "better" parts. I'm also guessing that some of you guys know what some of those parts are. I think it might be a good idea to start "sharing the wealth" when it comes to these little tidbits.

So.... whatta ya got?
Never follow the Hippo into the water.

mark61

This would be great except---1 1/2 hour to the closest shop that CLAIMS to be "Buelle" and almost 3 hours TO a REAL Buelle shop for me.......

mark61

Big Dan

Yeah Mark, but it could still be really helpful to a bunch (if not all) of us. I'd imagine a lot of the online discounting dealers sell Buell stuff. I know Chicago Harley does. Add their 20% discount to the already lower Buell parts prices, and there are substantial savings to be had no matter how far it is to your nearest Buell retailer.

Big Dan

Wow. Nothin'? I kinda thought this subject would take off pretty good.