before I do something stupid, please confirm...

Started by Little Al, April 04, 2009, 01:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Little Al

Please confirm for me that the longest pushrod goes to the rear exhaust (3 rods the same length, one maybe 1/4 inch longer)

These are aftermarket pushrods, the fat aluminum ones. the pushrod ends have a larger ball end on one end and a smaller ball on the other. the larger ball end goes to the rocker and the smaller ball end goes into the lifter, right????

Thanks!
Little Al

04customking

Someone else will chime in as I can't remember chit. I know I asked this too way back. I think it's the front exhaust gets the long one. By the way Al, you lose. You know what I mean.
Jim  '54 FL Pan. '04 RK Custom

Little Al

so glad ti hear it!!!

not that i enjoy losing, just that I'm happy for ya man.

ENJOY!
Little Al

Pynzo

Your pushrods should all be the same length. The rear exhaust rod will be the only one that will need a little leverage used to install, all the others should slip in from  just from bottoming the adjuster screw.

Little Al

April 04, 2009, 03:44:41 PM #4 Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 08:04:36 PM by Little Al
just so happened my OL remind me it's my grandson's birthday tomorrow so I ran down to HD dealer for a gift. Master mechanic (yep, still mechanic, not a "tech", lol) who I'm pretty friendly with and has 3 Pans himself told me IF there's one longer rod it goes to front exhaust. and that the large ball end goes to rocker, small end goes into the lifter. Once I bottomed the (solids) lifter adjustment all the rods slipped right in.

also got the same answer from another source. Funny, on my Shovel, both exhaust pushrods are a bit longer too, but that one has hydraulics, think it's the same on my '00 twin cam too, if I remember correctly, which is seriously doubtful, lol
thanks!

Little Al