April 28, 2024, 03:40:52 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Been Waiting Two Years For This Picture

Started by 04customking, April 04, 2009, 01:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

04customking

Jim  '54 FL Pan. '04 RK Custom

Little Al

Little Al

Deye76

I can see by the reflection in the tank of the RK, that grandson is showing RESPECT to Grandfather. As he should. :teeth:
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

04customking

It should be respect but I think it's just it's own colors.

Windweaver

yep, grin till your teeth are full of bugs,clear back to your a$$hole. WELL DONE. WW

Evo1

moose

great looking,both of them but especially the pan. what color blue is that?

Moose aka Glenn-

CraigArizona85248

That's a hell of an accomplishment Jim!  Congratulations!

-Craig

Little Al

btw Jim, glad to see that bottle on your bench is open!

seriously though, you did an excellent job and I hope you have many years of smiles and miles on her

Little Al

crash1292

looks great.....whats up with the disc brakes?

04customking

Thanks guys. Moose, I believe the color is a very slight variation of the Rio blue. The guy I got the formula from in Vermont just added some black tint to darken it slightly. Personally I told my painter to mix it like that, test it, and let me look at it. I would have darkened it more but lo and behold he painted the whole thing before telling me anything. I like it now more and more but still wish it was darker.
Craig, thanks, that means a lot from you. I have a lot of respect for what you do and how you do it.
Crash1292, not sure how to take your disc brake comment. First, it's my bike and I always planned to do it with discs as it had no fronts anyways. The bike didn't have enough original stuff to think about bringing it back stock and personally I am not a "stock" type bike guy anyway. If you looked the bike over, you'd see lots of subtle modern changes to keep it on the road and not being worked on. We'll see how that works out. I hope you were just asking the question and not telling me what a stupid thing it was to do. I'm happy with it and in the end I guess I'm the only one that has to be. Thanks again guys. I'll get the plates this week hopefully. Jim

crash1292

was just asking not trying to be a smartazz....restored a few BSA myself....nice job

04customking

Thanks for explaining. Hard to tell the "tone" sometimes on these boards. I've been known to jump the wrong way at times too  :beer:

stroker800

I hate to be the bearer of bad news ,,BUT your garage looks a little crowded for saftey reasons.....you are in luck!!!! I can keep that beautiful panhead up at my place,,,NO STORAGE fees at all,,,,I know ,,,,its a good offer,,HA HA HA ..Very nice job!!! ride with pride!!
Dave

Deye76

Quote from: 04customking on April 04, 2009, 03:54:26 PM
It should be respect but I think it's just it's own colors.

I knew it was the RK's "own colors" LOL
OK I'll change it to rocker covers :teeth:
Both bikes are very nice. :up:
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

FSG

......  OK I'll change it to rocker covers :teeth:

perhaps Air Cleaner Cover ?   :teeth:

4DWUDS

To Err is human, To Forgive Divine. Neither of which is Marine Corps Policy.

04customking

Thanks guys. Oh, and Dave, there's plenty of room in the garage but thanks for the offer.

PanHeadRed

04, it looks like a REAL nice rider. Excellent.  :up:

04customking

I sure hope so. Won't find out this week. Rain all day today and that white $hit tomorrow and that means more freakin salt and then the whole week looks bad.

Reddog74usa

Man that is SWEET nice work Jim and definitly worth the wait  :beer: :up:
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

Speeding Big Twin

Jim, you've done an excellent job. And it's good to see you've built a bike that not only looks great but can also be ridden anywhere.     Eric

04customking

Thanks Reddog and Eric. I sure hope I can ride it anywhere. Just came from DMV and she all legal. To bad there's snow on the ground and the damn salt truck just went by AGAIN.  :wtf:

BART

What is the front disc brake from?  I've been thinking about installing a front disc on my '50 FL.

BART

twincamzz

:up: :up: Project turned out GREAT !! Can't say I blame you at all for upgrading the brakes...I'm thinking of doing the same thing on a '61 Panhead FLH that I hope to make mine one day next week ! Is the front caliper a 2000 & up HD unit like the back ?
not all who wander are lost...