May 01, 2024, 05:53:21 PM

News:

Winter Project Is Done!

Started by codyshop, April 04, 2009, 04:57:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

codyshop

Now, if only winter would end so I can ride the damned thing.  Bought this wrecked '97 FLSTF as salvage in October.  It had gone off a cliff.  Ray

mark61

Did the last owner throw it off the cliff on purpous or just not take the MSF rider course?!?

Looks sweet!

mark61

Evo1

specialx1

it's only kinky the first time

mrmike

Very nice clean looking bike, love to hear the cliff story.

Mike
I'm not leaving til I have a good time

Panzer

Nice job.
looks just like my son's fatboy.
Well done. :up:
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

rad3766

98 FLHTPI Miss Suzy HOG, AMA, IBA, PGR

FSG

:up:  nice, all black  :up:  what bags ?  what bars ?

jimrookie

Nice job,looks like it will be a sweet ride

codyshop

I'll post the "befores" when I figure out how to do the cell phone to Photobucket thing.   Anyway, it went down into a rocky ravine and ended up on it's right side and got dragged back up on its left by chains and hooks.  Dude's o.k. and had full coverage so I bought his buy-out with his blessings.  Frame, tranny, motor, swingarm, speedo, tripletrees and the nut that holds the left mirror on were all that were usable.  Ray

wingie

Nice work.  I'm amazed the frame was ok. wingie

Dennis The Menace

Ray, nice ride!  Left mirror nut?   So, you didnt have to give your left nut for the bike, huh.....thats good!  lol

I may be up there this summer, look forward to stopping in and saying hello.

Dennis

Superheat9

codyshop

Thanks.  Had to replace:  F&R fenders, tanks (went with 5's), both sliders, fork tubes, cowbells, tins, head & spotlights, handlebars (went with 8" Burly drags), floorboards, brake & shift levers, primary cover, exhaust (went with V&H Straightshots) Carb (S&S Super E), cam cone and ignition (Crane Hi-4 Single), Oil tank and seat (Mustang wide solo studded vintage).  Motor was fine inside (4K miles) but of course I couldn't leave well enough alone.  EV-46 cam, Crane pushrods, KB 10:1 forged pistons, Manley stainless valves with a 5 angle, S&S springs and Jims roller rockers.  I also cleaned up the ports.  She pulls great but damn, it's still f'n freezing out!  Oh, the bags are National Cycle.  Ray

Big Dan

It's got a nice clean look to it.  :up: I really like the way the lines of the bags follow with the fender.

Reckon will it outrun a Zero....?
Never follow the Hippo into the water.

codyshop

Quote from: Big Dan on April 05, 2009, 12:33:18 PM
It's got a nice clean look to it.  :up: I really like the way the lines of the bags follow with the fender.

Reckon will it outrun a Zero....?

FTW!!! Just spit beer all over my laptop!   Where the Hell did you find that?  Still got the Triple!  I just needed something that will carry beer...  Ray

Big Dan

April 05, 2009, 03:39:42 PM #16 Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 03:45:55 PM by Big Dan
Where the Hell did you find that?

I was the one that originally posted it way-back-when. When I saw the new bike, I took a look in some old pic files and there it was. I figured you'd get a kick out of it.

Edit: I think it might have been on Hawg Talk.....?
Never follow the Hippo into the water.

05FLHTC

Nice Job Cody  :up:  Nice looking bike
Illinois the Corruption Capitol of USA

codyshop

Quote from: Big Dan on April 05, 2009, 03:39:42 PM
Where the Hell did you find that?

I was the one that originally posted it way-back-when. When I saw the new bike, I took a look in some old pic files and there it was. I figured you'd get a kick out of it.

Edit: I think it might have been on Hawg Talk.....?

Gotta be May of '06 on HT since it's got the stock exhaust.  I saved the original you made back then.  Thanks, Ray

TwistedSister

Drinking doesn't cause hangovers... waking up  does...
TS
SW Arkisaw USN RET

road-dawgs1

Sweet bike!  As for getting the pics from your phone to photobucket what I do is email them to myself and then upload them to photobucket.  Just type in your email addy instead of a phone number.
'24 FLTRX Sharkskin blue

codyshop

Quote from: road-dawgs1 on April 05, 2009, 04:35:13 PM
Sweet bike!  As for getting the pics from your phone to photobucket what I do is email them to myself and then upload them to photobucket.  Just type in your email addy instead of a phone number.

Verizon said the only way I can do it with my plan is to remove the chip and get some kind of reader for my computer.  Ray