May 01, 2024, 08:00:53 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Best quote I've read today!

Started by kybagger, April 04, 2009, 07:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Memnar

Quote from: V24me on April 04, 2009, 07:24:40 PM
Here's a quote for you - I just wrote it...

People complain about the 're-distribution of wealth' but how is that different from the big corporations, pharmaceutical companies, insurance companies, utility companies and even wal-mart when they take hard working people's money and give it to their overpaid employees and administrators or use it to lobby congress to pass more laws that make the crimes they commit legal???

Like money, government and taxes aren't evil, it's when corrupt men get ahold of them that they ad the evil

Sorry but I don't agree with this..but I understand what your attempting to say

-Erik
Albuquerque, NM.

apehair

I've got a non-negotiable position on politics....if you can't clearly state the pros and cons of the policies of *both* sides of an issue, you're a tool.

You're a tool of one party or the other, just repeating the "message" they've paid professionals to write so they can turn as many people as possible into *their* tools.  Because one tool begets another tool. 

Go out and ask a liberal to give you the pros and cons of a conservative opinion.  You're lucky if you can find 1 in 10 who can.  Do the same with a conservative.  Same result.

When it comes to politics, we're a nation of tools.  Most of our political "discussions" are simply repetitions of the same old "messages" that one political party or the other wrote for us.  Reminds me of a Pee-Week Herman skit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOGWbzUM-y8.

ape

One4Tone

..here some quotes that I've come across..that have stood the test of time... You can not help the poor by destroying the rich....2/..You can not lift the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer...3/You can not strenghten the weak by weakening the strong...4/You can not further humanity by inciting class hatred..........5/You can not build character and courage by taking away a person's initiative and indepenndence..6/ You can not help people permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves...7/You can not bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift...8/You can not stay out of trouble by spending more than your income...9/You can not remain in business for long without profit...10/...Success is when preparation meets opportunity...my .02's   worth...One4Tone :smiled: