May 01, 2024, 04:37:05 PM

News:

Best quote I've read today!

Started by kybagger, April 04, 2009, 07:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kybagger

The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else.

truck

Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

V24me

Here's a quote for you - I just wrote it...

People complain about the 're-distribution of wealth' but how is that different from the big corporations, pharmaceutical companies, insurance companies, utility companies and even wal-mart when they take hard working people's money and give it to their overpaid employees and administrators or use it to lobby congress to pass more laws that make the crimes they commit legal???

Like money, government and taxes aren't evil, it's when corrupt men get ahold of them that they ad the evil
ALL THAT'S NECCESARY FOR THE TRIUMPH OF EVIL IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING!

truck

but how is that different from the big corporations, pharmaceutical companies, insurance companies, utility companies and even wal-mart when they take hard working people's money and give it to their overpaid employees

The above is called free enterprise, that's the way it's supposed to work, you have a choice, buy their product or don't.
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

V24me

It's not free enterprise when a company has a monopoly, like a utility company that you need to use to live in modern society.  Or like Insurance thieves that lobby congress with big money to pass laws like helmet or seat belt, just to save them more money.  Or like when they get laws passed for all motorist to have insurance, and still charge you for uninsured motorist coverage.  Or the fact that they discriminate on the basis of age, sex, credit rating, all of which are illegal in every other business in this country.  Or like when corporations export the jobs to china and you can't afford to buy American made stuff, cuz you've been laid off, so you have to buy crap from walmart.

I have 8 years of college with degrees in Economics, Labor Econ, and International monetary Economics and trust me, free enterprise does not exist and is the proverbial wool being pulled over our eyes by the Illuminati

Hossamania

As long as the government can solve Global Warming with my money, I trust 'em.  :smilep:
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

kybagger

quikbike

I hate snow

HyperDetroit

Take that class envy garbage somewhere else, find a board of che guevara fans or something like it.
Всё в руках божьих

Mi_RDGlide

:pop: I staid at a Holiday Inn express last night.
You only need to be 10% smarter than the thing your working on.

f-x-d-w-g

Administrators:  Please don't lock this thread.

This is the best entertainment I've had in a while considering news reports of our "leader" selling us down the river in Europe.
Dan
Tijeras, NM

Superheat9

We always seem to have good intentions....... but being that greed is a driving force we always F it up.

John Kennedy once said to a assembled group of scholars in the White House, "I think this is the most extraordinary collection of talent, of human knowledge, that has ever been gathered at the White House - with the possible exception of when Thomas Jefferson dined alone."

The quotes below could prove his point.

"When we get piled upon one another in large cities, as in Europe, we shall become as corrupt as Europe."

Thomas Jefferson

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.."

Thomas Jefferson

" It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world.."

Thomas Jefferson

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

Thomas Jefferson

" My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."

Thomas Jefferson

" No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."

Thomas Jefferson

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Thomas Jefferson

" The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

Thomas Jefferson

Very Interesting Quote:
In light of the present financial crisis, it's interesting to read what Thomas Jefferson said in 1802:

"Banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation,
the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.

Doesn't this sound eerily familiar to what is happening in America today?

CDeucer

From the 60's: "Only when the power of love overcomes the love of power will there be peace." javascript:void(0); Can I throw up now?

76shuvlinoff

April 05, 2009, 08:08:15 AM #13 Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 08:11:35 AM by 76shuvlinoff

QuoteAdministrators:  Please don't lock this thread.

This is the best entertainment I've had in a while considering news reports of our "leader" selling us down the river in Europe.
Posted on: Today at 07:10:42 AM
Posted by: Mi_RDGlide
the thread had potential but politics goes down the tube fast and this one is circling the drain.
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

f-x-d-w-g

Awwwwwwwww...  What's wrong with politics?  Each of us either gets a good laugh or a sense of support from the views of other members.  I've gotten both in this thread!
Dan
Tijeras, NM

harleydave51

WTF, Run amuk
89 FXRS
MASShole

JamLazyAss

If you listen closely, you can hear the whooshing sound of this thread leaving.....
I'm not a proctologist, but I know an asshole when I see one...

76shuvlinoff

now THAT'S funny, I don't care who you are.
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

V24me

That is funny!

Kybagger, I knew someone would think I meant all walmart employees were over paid, even though I didn't say all.  Department managers and store managers make much more than you may realize.

You may have noticed that I NEVER start a political thread.  I try to honor the policy here, but consistently there are threads started that are no doubt politically driven (usually tilted in the same direction).  To top that off, there is often an administrator that chimes in agreeing with the topic instead of deleting it immediately.  Once that happens, I feel I have no choice but to make the counterpoint, if for no other reason than to add fairness to the discussion.

Here's my favorite quote that fits alot of situations-
        "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing" 
                                                                                 Sir Edmund Burke

specialx1

it's only kinky the first time

Trolling10

Hossamani--I think the people in the north midwest are wondering where the global warming went?

Kansas

I think the Jefferson quotes from Superheat are great and so timely.  After reading them I have decided to buy Mark Levine's new book "Liberty and Tyranny" and learn something about what the founding fathers actually had in mind.

1711tab

Quote from: Superheat9 on April 05, 2009, 08:06:16 AM

" No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."

Thomas Jefferson

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Thomas Jefferson

Very Interesting Quote:

In light of the present financial crisis, it's interesting to read what Thomas Jefferson said in 1802:
"Banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation,
the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.

Doesn't this sound eerily familiar to what is happening in America today?

It's exactly what were going through today...
"KOC" - HYPERFORMANCE & R&R CYCLES R&D TC 131"

INNOVATORS NOT IMITATORS

jimrookie

Quote from: kybagger on April 04, 2009, 07:09:43 PM
The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else.
really makes you think and now for my thought
we take from our childrens children and give to the over privilged who were stealing from us in the first place