May 01, 2024, 08:19:28 PM

News:

Illuminated windshield trim

Started by Tre_11 FLHX, April 05, 2009, 02:04:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tre_11 FLHX

April 05, 2009, 02:04:57 AM Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 03:42:25 AM by Tre'_09UC
My son bought me the above and I was not sure that I was going to like it, installed it yesterday and I have to say IMHO it looks pretty good.  No pictures yet but the below is the HD picture-just the window trim not the swoopy crap.  I am sure that Cagers will still pull out in front of me...  :wtf:

11 103 FLHX-TW555 cams,10.5:1, FM 2-1-2 ex, FM heads, VPC, JP mufflers, PV tuner

quikbike

I saw both these pieces on a 09 TriGlide down in Daytona. Looked pretty good at night
I hate snow

moose

its beginning to look a lot like a wingabago   :potstir:
Moose aka Glenn-

HDDOC

I had seen both of these parts on a black SG and it was an eye catcher for sure, no pinstipes to take away from the looks.  Doc
2019 Tri Glide

Dennis The Menace

They need to make that in black as well, so it blends in on a black, or dark color, bike.  Sometimes polished or chrome isnt all that great, but lighting a bike up so cagers can see you is always a good thing.  Unless its overdone, of course.  ;-)

menace

x52gnr

I have the lighted windhield trim on my 07 Ultra as well, I like it however I am not sold on the side pieces in the pic, would have to see one in person to make a judgement :pop:
2012 Heritage Softail
2008 Gl1800 (Gold Wing) Airbagger

V24me

I like the piece under the windshield, but it would look good if they made it in black. Not liking the swoopy things tho
ALL THAT'S NECCESARY FOR THE TRIUMPH OF EVIL IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING!

RK101

Seems is though the lightening thing is in now around my way. One of the guys I ride with once in a while put a Night rider sort of light on the back of his bike, The frigging thing is really starting to look like some sort of Christmas tree. That light running back and forth is going to get some cager fixated on it and kill him. IMO some extra lightening is a good thing but some of it borders on the redicules.
Do not take life too seriously.  You will never get out of it alive.  ~Elbert H

Tre_11 FLHX

I have to  Admit, I did not think I was going to care for the windshield trim. As stated, it was a gift.  After installing it, I actually think it looks pretty good and functionality is better than expected.  Agree, one in black would also look good.  I will shoot a pic this morning. 

Yeah, I do not like the "swoopy" crap either, made sure I told my son.  Did not want that as the next gift  :embarrassed:

Install was straight forward, downright easy.

Mike
11 103 FLHX-TW555 cams,10.5:1, FM 2-1-2 ex, FM heads, VPC, JP mufflers, PV tuner

Tre_11 FLHX

HroadhogD1

RK101

Now that I like it looks clean and not over done. :up:
Do not take life too seriously.  You will never get out of it alive.  ~Elbert H

Tre_11 FLHX

I am impressed with it, the left and right lights act as blinkers when turning and stay solid when off. I think my Son did well!

V24me

Now that  I see it on your color of bike with the chrome mirrors showing over the fairing, I think that one looks better than the black on would
ALL THAT'S NECCESARY FOR THE TRIUMPH OF EVIL IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING!