April 27, 2024, 12:43:29 PM

News:

popping thru speakers

Started by 86fxwg, December 09, 2015, 04:42:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

86fxwg

2010 flhx has a popping thru the speakers when I apply the brake. I know its from the BACK OFF module under the seat that flashes the brake light. ? Is how do I stop it. Remember in 2010 all that's back there is the 2 bullet lights for turn & brake. I added a center BADASS light but unplugged it & the pop was still there.
Any ideas.

86fxwg 06flhx 10flhx

UltraNutZ

Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

86fxwg

Quote from: UltraNutZ on December 09, 2015, 04:49:24 AM
stock radio, speakers, amps?
Hog tunes amp,stock head unit,speakers in lowers.

86fxwg 06flhx 10flhx

UltraNutZ

try in this order;
connect a wire from the one of the chassis screws of the amp to the chassis screw of the radio.
try a different ground point for the amp - clean of paint and solid ground.  For testing you could always run a clean ground back to the battery
try grounding the amp as above and running a ground wire from the radio chassis screw to that same ground point.

I've seen a lot of the badlands stuff cause interference - then they corrected it by using higher quality components within the device itself.  I've seen a few HD run/turn/brake controllers cause interference as well.

86fxwg

Quote from: UltraNutZ on December 09, 2015, 05:49:29 AM
try in this order;
connect a wire from the one of the chassis screws of the amp to the chassis screw of the radio.
try a different ground point for the amp - clean of paint and solid ground.  For testing you could always run a clean ground back to the battery
try grounding the amp as above and running a ground wire from the radio chassis screw to that same ground point.

I've seen a lot of the badlands stuff cause interference - then they corrected it by using higher quality components within the device itself.  I've seen a few HD run/turn/brake controllers cause interference as well.

grounds for amp at the battery. il try a ground from the case of the amp to a chassi ground see if it helps.

86fxwg 06flhx 10flhx

UltraNutZ

is the back off module grounded at the battery also?  if so, maybe try removing that ground and connect it to something metal instead.

86fxwg

Quote from: UltraNutZ on December 09, 2015, 07:25:48 AM
is the back off module grounded at the battery also?  if so, maybe try removing that ground and connect it to something metal instead.

Never looked,installed before I bought the bike.
Never noticed it before,only rode the bike 50 miles before disassembly for paint.
Dont notice it with stereo at normal levels. Only when turned all the way down.
Thanks

86fxwg 06flhx 10flhx

86fxwg

OK dove into this dilemma a little more. UUnplugged the back off module & popping quite.
Even with the radio off its still coming thru the amp into the speakers,now Innoticed it with the turn signals.
Just watched the video on hogtunes site for the amp/speaker install,only thing I did differently is run the main power & ground wires under the tank.

86fxwg 06flhx 10flhx

UltraNutZ

December 17, 2015, 05:09:03 AM #8 Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 06:08:37 AM by UltraNutZ
Clean/check your ground points for both ends of the - battery cable.  Make sure they're clean, free of corrosion and rust, and that the cable ends aren't broken/frayed/etc.  Another thing you can try is grounding the BACK OFF module somewhere else.

86fxwg

Quote from: UltraNutZ on December 17, 2015, 05:09:03 AM
Clean/check your ground points for both ends of the - battery cable.  Make sure they're clean, free of corrosion and rust, and that the cable ends aren't broken/frayed/etc.  Another thing you can try is grounding the BACK OFF module somewhere else.

Thanks ultra, but think I got it. I have the same amp on my 06 flhx. Switched amps & the problems are gone.
Turned the iignition on the 06 no noise at all even with the radio off. The 2010 is a loud humm even with the radio off.
Now I have to figure out how the warranty works! I have a good relationship with the HD dealer I got it from or deal directly with hogtunes! Not sure how they do it.
Thanks for all  the insight.

86fxwg 06flhx 10flhx