April 27, 2024, 09:14:41 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Launching straight?

Started by HighLiner, December 09, 2015, 08:37:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HighLiner

what can be done to prevent the rear from kicking out?

strokerjlk

Quote from: HighLiner on December 09, 2015, 08:37:41 PM
what can be done to prevent the rear from kicking out?
a tire that hooks up.
if you are going sideways ,you're spinning.
A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis
repeated testing establishes theory

Racepres

I agree with Jim...Try either less launch RPM, or maybe less air in the rear tire.

2006FXDCI

I just put a shinko stealth on my dyna . I was having allot of trouble keeping my tire from spinning once i got past the prep . Definitely try dropping your pressure . Ive had mine as low as 20 lbs .
http://www.shinkotireusa.com/tire/003-stealth
2006 Super glide 107" , 2005 electra glide 124"

Racepres

strokerjlk

Before I ran the stealth D . I had to run 13-16 lb on my Shinko 777 and elite 3 . It still wasn't enough traction on most tracks for my setup .. When I went to the skinko stealth D I can run 20 lb and up . The more air I can run the better the MPH . Between 20-26 is the sweet spot for the stealth . At least on my setup .

strokerjlk

This was the old Shinko 777 with 13 psi . Bowling Green track prep is top notch for bikes though.

Racepres

That ^^^ Looks like a perfect contact patch...and a Very controllable Amount of Wheel lift...good weight transfer and Probably a Damn good 60'...if it didn't get alot Higher!!!
Hell...Look at "P" back there...he is Spellbound!!!

strokerjlk

Quote from: Racepres on December 11, 2015, 07:33:43 AM
That ^^^ Looks like a perfect contact patch...and a Very controllable Amount of Wheel lift...good weight transfer and Probably a Damn good 60'...if it didn't get alot Higher!!!
Hell...Look at "P" back there...he is Spellbound!!!
It was a decent 60 ft . 1.70's . That was the highest point of front end lift . (Thanks Motolenz)
The problem with the tire pressure in this launch ( shinko 777) is ,I had to run such low psi to get it to 60 ft ,it had a slight wobble on the big end .
With the stealth D , I can run more psi , get a decent 60 ft , pick up MPH and have no wobble on the big end .
Jimmy P is the best . I really like the way he takes charge of the staging lanes .
If he is there, we don't have those E class Goons hot lapping back to the lanes and keeping the pro tree lanes from getting more than one T&T shot , before qualifying and elimination rounds .
Give Jimmy respect and he gives you back more . :beer: