May 06, 2024, 08:58:50 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Harmon Kardon factory amp...plug and play?

Started by SuperUnknown, December 24, 2015, 07:53:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperUnknown

I was offered a used HK factory amplifier from a '11 CVO Ultra. Will this amp "plug and play" with the factory HK head unit in my '09 Ultra or will I need a different harness/connector to make it work? Thanks.

UltraNutZ

SuperUnknown.  It was offered for a reason my friend.  Do yourself a favor and pass on it.

By the time you purchase the necessary parts to make this work, then factor in the time required to get it all together, and don't forget it's a stock HD amp rated at 40w - you'd be MUCH better off grabbing something like a PBR300x4 amp and 2 pair of good quality 4 ohm speakers such as Kicker or Alpine.  Easy install, very cost effective, and good results...
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

SuperUnknown

Good to know. I have a set of Infinity speakers I dropped in the fairing and thought I might get a little more out of them with the HK amp. If it's major surgery to install for such little benefit I'll pass. Thanks again.