May 09, 2024, 10:26:15 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Want to add CB and bike to bike communication to my 2014 standard streetglide

Started by wvfedexman1, December 26, 2015, 10:40:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wvfedexman1

I am wanting to add CB and Bike to Bike communication to my 2014 streetglide it is a standard model some dealers say it cant be done some says it can [they think] can someone tell me can it be done and what parts I need any part numbers would be great too thanks all

jbexeter

tomcat64

UltraNutZ

Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

1Techno

J & M  makes a nice CB unit to add to any Motorcycle.  Has intercom available also.

Zeushawg

I did install a HD CB on my 2015 Road Glide special. Use the Kuryakyn in fairing antenna for the CB antenna, not the best solution. The CB receives well, but the range for transmission is about two city blocks! :-(
buy the HD antenna and install it.
As I'm sure you have discovered the cost is excessive - $1000.
visit U-tube as this can save you 2-4 Hundred in labor, but you need to have a hand in doing this install.

I see the 17's do not have CB except on the CVO. Blue tooth is great but if you ride in a large group - forget the pairing...too many for most headsets to keep track of.; Asked HD about this and the response was "nobody asks for nor uses the CB".

PoorUB

Quote from: Zeushawg on May 19, 2017, 05:28:45 PMAsked HD about this and the response was "nobody asks for nor uses the CB".

One of the main reasons I bought a Limited over the Ultra was to get the CB. We use it all the time when riding with others. We also use it for HOG rides. If the lead bike does not have a CB, the second usually does, and we try make sure the rider bringing up the rear has a CB too.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!