May 08, 2024, 01:53:58 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

What's the correct part number for the alignment pins on 5 speed tranny's

Started by gryphon, December 28, 2015, 11:02:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gryphon

Are the correct alignment dowel pins for the 5 speed tranny's #375? I believe there are a total of 5 (just going by memory here). One for the starter and inner primary, two to align the trapdoor to the case and two in the trapdoor to align the kicker cover (or whater that cover is called now).

Dogbone45ACP

Using a '89 parts book. Shows PN 375 qty 2 for the trapdoor. 634 qty 1 for trapdoor.. PN 609 qty 2, these locate the shift assy on top of trans. PN 335 qty 1 and PN 336 ,roll pin to locate starter. My '06 touring parts book has different part numbers. I built up a twin cam 5 speed to put in a early softail case. Somewere I found a good exploded view. I'll post if I can fiend it. 

Dogbone45ACP

Ultima products web site. Under tech info. LSD 6 speed manual. Easier than the HD manual. 609x4 , 375x1, 337x1, 634x1. Might want to take a look there. I might have missed something.

gryphon

Thanks. That's what I needed to know. I've got the 609's already installed but looking at the HD book I got the impression that all the pins were the 375's.