Vtwin splash guard, Biketronics splash guard

Started by wfowill, January 05, 2016, 06:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wfowill

JVC head unit

I have both of these splash guards but don't quite understand what is going to hold it place on the Road Glide. I haven't installed the head unit yet just looking at everything on the bench.

Bought the Biketronics install kit and thought the textured backing plate looked like crap so I bought the Scosche piece because it looked cleaner. The radio with the face trim off will not go thru the Scosche unless I do some trimming. But that's no big deal.

So anyway on the bench fitting and looking the Biketronics guard has little velco pieces but there on the outside of guard??

The Vtwin looked like it just lays against the backing plate of either kit?? And Ive seen posts that friction holds it on but friction to what?

Probably over looking something simple here but not quite getting it. Thanks

UltraNutZ

January 06, 2016, 04:07:19 AM #1 Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 06:12:58 AM by UltraNutZ
friction to the sides, top, and bottom of stock opening in dash with the rubber surround of the rain shield.  has nothing to do with the kit itself UNLESS it protrudes too far out and doesn't allow the rain shield to fit inside the dash opening.

Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

wfowill

Quote from: UltraNutZ on January 06, 2016, 04:07:19 AM
friction to the sides, top, and bottom of stock opening in dash with the rubber surround of the rain shield.  has nothing to do with the kit itself protrudes too far out and doesn't allow the rain shield to fit inside the dash opening.

Thanks Ultra
It'll probably make sense when I get it apart.

UltraNutZ

if it fits in there with your Scosche kit then it's a lot tighter fit than you think and won't come out.

ALUCARD19

You will really like the V-Twin splash guard I have been caught in numerous down pours for as much as 10 hours at a time and not 1 drop of water has come through.
++1 on the V-Twin design. :up: :up: :bike:
"A Hole is a Hole is a Hole",  Where Eagles Dare
         AMA Life Member #35524

wfowill

Vtwin splash guard wouldn't work with the Scosche kit, or the Biketronics guard.
I used the BT kit and Vtwin still won't fit. I little grinding when I get time and it'll clear the radio then.

I didn't like the texture on the BT plate so I flipped it over, sanded the smooth side and painted it.
Lookes crooked but fairing is still loose.

UltraNutZ

Quote from: wfowill on January 15, 2016, 07:26:40 PM
Vtwin splash guard wouldn't work with the Scosche kit, or the Biketronics guard.
I used the BT kit and Vtwin still won't fit. I little grinding when I get time and it'll clear the radio then.

I didn't like the texture on the BT plate so I flipped it over, sanded the smooth side and painted it.
Lookes crooked but fairing is still loose.

looks good.  that's a wide trim ring around that radio.  might trim that down and all should be good.   :up: