May 08, 2024, 02:55:25 PM

News:

Install Tip on new stereo

Started by azlou66, January 06, 2016, 04:24:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

azlou66

I haven't done a stereo upgrade since my 77 Camaro but want better tunes on my bike.
I have ordered the following components and will be installing them on a 2008 FLHX.
Sony BTX 310, SS P4.100D, BT Titan 7.1fairing, Infinity 693.11 for Hog tune lids.
I also ordered the ASCW-1 and Metra 69-9600 and a Rockford Fosgate, freebie, wiring kit.
Are there any pitfalls that newbies are prone to falling into?
Any tips or tricks to share?
All advice is much appreciated.
Anything less then overkill is under achievement.

UltraNutZ

not sure what amp that is as the model number doesn't correlate to anything from Soundstream but if it's the P4.140d or P4.520D then you're good as it will fit inside fairing just fine.

Take a look at AAWAV's sticky up top of the forum for the installation and adjustments on the ASCW-1.
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

azlou66

My bad on the Amp part number, I have the PN4.1000D.

UltraNutZ

azlou66

Bsmith153

That should pretty good. I wish I could bring myself to i stall the speakers in the lids, but half the time mybags are overfilled as is. Id hate to give up any space in there. Was thinking of finding some hard front lowers maybe and getting some more sound that way, but too many other projects yet to get done on this damn bike.
I dont race because I think im the fastest
I race because its Fun!

azlou66

The speakers didn't take very much room from my bags. I had to mount my amp in my left saddlebag, it wouldn't fit between the Alloy Art inner fairing mounts.

azlou66

The system sounds AMAZING, no comparison to stock and having a HU Pandora compatible is a huge added bonus.

Bsmith153

Did you go with a normal antenna or a hidden one?
I race because its Fun!

biggzed

Congrats. I have a 4.1000 as well. I need to dial it in better but it really fills up the Hertz speakers I'm running.

Zach

just plain john

You're doing it right from the get go. So often I see on the forums people that start small and then spend the money twice (or more) to redo their combo, myself included. My guess is that you won't ever need to upgrade and it's gonna sound great.
05 FLHTCI

azlou66

Quote from: Bsmith153 on January 21, 2016, 08:36:40 PM
Did you go with a normal antenna or a hidden one?
Pandora runs thru my Android phone and I have an iPod hooked up to the internal USB port so I haven't tried FM radio.

azlou66

Quote from: just plain john on January 22, 2016, 04:00:30 AM
You're doing it right from the get go. So often I see on the forums people that start small and then spend the money twice (or more) to redo their combo, myself included. My guess is that you won't ever need to upgrade and it's gonna sound great.

I have made that mistake in the past, I was determined not to do that this time. So far I am thrilled with the results. Amazed at the SQ you can achieve on a motorcycle.

azlou66

Quote from: Bsmith153 on January 21, 2016, 02:22:40 AM
That should pretty good. I wish I could bring myself to i stall the speakers in the lids, but half the time mybags are overfilled as is. Id hate to give up any space in there. Was thinking of finding some hard front lowers maybe and getting some more sound that way, but too many other projects yet to get done on this damn bike.

My understanding is lowers proved more sound for the driver, lids more for the passenger and more bass.

UltraNutZ

Quote from: azlou66 on January 22, 2016, 01:12:08 PM
My understanding is lowers proved more sound for the driver, lids more for the passenger and more bass.

thaglyde

How tough is it to fit one of those ss pn.4.1000 in the fairing with the stock radio?
2013 Ultra Classic

azlou66

Quote from: thaglyde on January 22, 2016, 03:22:56 PM
How tough is it to fit one of those ss pn.4.1000 in the fairing with the stock radio?

Tight but it fits where I ran into trouble was the aftermarket inner fairing supports. You have to reroute some wires but not a big deal.

Bsmith153

The musics for me anyway so, that would work for me, anybody git a set of Hard lowers they want to give away? Lol
I race because its Fun!