May 07, 2024, 12:14:37 AM

News:

Dyna Beads

Started by fergy1940, April 06, 2009, 03:22:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

96dynabagger

I was skeptical, but when I mounted my own tires, I thought it was worth a try.
It rides SO smooooooooth.....

CDN.RG

I am running them and the bike seems to be as smooth as it was without them ,so wether they work or not I can't say ,but they certainly don't seem to hurt anything .
07 roadglide ,black pearl ,113 inch motor  ,tts tuner,propipe BP, super sucker.

truck

Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

96FLSTF

Quote from: CraigArizona85248 on April 06, 2009, 09:42:43 PM
Quote from: gryphon on April 06, 2009, 08:11:53 PM
So seriously. Do these things actually work.

Yep... as long as there isn't anything inside the tire preventing the beads from spreading out easily.  I think someone here reported a problem using tires that were ribbed on the inside.  The ribs kept the beads from moving to a balanced position.

-Craig

That maybe was me about them not working on ribbed tires or also in my case me compressor not providing real dry clean air. They actuualy worked well on my Road King where I was throwing weights and I still used them. BUT I then later tried them in wifes Jimmy SUV. After installing them the car shook like a pig. When pulling the tires off the rim to remove the beads I found the inside of the tire was ribbed causing them to collect in one area. Also the inside of the tire felt gummy also preventing them from rolling around as needed.

Gene
05 95" FLHRSI
96 FLSTF ("Street Stalker")

FSG

Craig, have you ever tried them with a inner tube?

Craig has tubes in the wheels on his Pan and uses beads in them.

BanditLoon2003

This is really interesting and I think I'll try them. Stock Harley FLHT 1oz in front and 1oz in rear correct??  Bandit

truck

I think it's 2 oz. for that size tire.
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

FSG

Quote from: BanditLoon2003 on April 07, 2009, 03:04:08 PM
  This is really interesting and I think I'll try them. Stock Harley FLHT 1oz in front and 1oz in rear correct??  Bandit

No, use 2oz front, 2oz rear

BanditLoon2003

Thanks!  Still a cheap fix to avoid the stuck on wheel weights. Am ordering tomorrow morning. Thanks Bandit

gryphon

Do you have to maintain a constant speed for them to work. Do they continue to shift if your speed varies.

still_havinfun

according to the instruction sheet i recieved with mine, the tires are balanced each time the tire reaches 15mph. i have them in the ol's fxdl for a year now and everything is smooth.

CraigArizona85248

Quote from: gryphon on April 07, 2009, 06:33:17 PM
Do you have to maintain a constant speed for them to work. Do they continue to shift if your speed varies.

No.  You don't have to maintain a constant speed.

Mtrman

ripp13

April 09, 2009, 02:23:52 AM #38 Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 04:09:17 AM by Fatboy_SirGarfield
Quote from: Fatboy_SirGarfield on April 07, 2009, 02:18:59 AM
Quote from: ripp13 on April 07, 2009, 01:45:34 AM
Are they available  in Brisbane Australia ......or do I have to get them sent over from the USA

Not that I know of, I brought over a large bag for my own use quite a while ago. I've done 2 fronts, 3 rears, a couple of friends fronts and last year sent the lot to Charlie in Darwin so he could do his tourer.

I'm in Aspley, if your down this way bell me on 0417 344 524

thanks for the reply SirGarfield...will have a look on line or i may wait till I go over to the states again next year....did you have any trouble getting them thru customs....  :embarrassed:
Custom 1986 FXR Lowrider

FSG

Quotethanks for the reply SirGarfield...will have a look on line or i may wait till I go over to the states again next year....did you have any trouble getting them thru customs....   :embarrassed:

No, the stuff's only worth a few $$  and while the beads look odd in a 24oz bag, they're not the other white stuff.